~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming Metro Exodus OT - Releasing 15 February 2019 (Update: Weapons trailer)

Created by Elastic.tv, the award winning makers of some of the most iconic title sequences of recent years including Game of Thrones and Westworld, this beautiful introduction to the game is set to an original score by Metro series composer Alexey Omelchuk.

Metro Exodus has gone gold, and will now release on February 15th 2019!

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I will DEFINITELY be done with Metro Last Light Redux by the time this releases :p

I might be done with Metro 2033 Redux by the time this releases :p

Narrated from the perspective of Anna, the Spartan Order’s top sniper and Artyom’s wife, the Story Trailer explores the hostile world of Metro Exodus that lies in wait for the crew of the Aurora as they flee the ruins of Moscow and embark on an epic year-long journey into the unknown. Artyom always believed that there was life beyond the Metro – now his hopes and dreams will be put to the ultimate test in the crucible of the Russian wastelands.

We are incrediby excited to reveal the Metro Exodus Artyom Edition, an incredibly limited hand-crafted and priceless edition, created with 4A Games and Metro author Dmitry Glukovsky.

This extraordinary bespoke edition is so rare only ten have been made, and they are not available to purchase in any store – instead, Metro fans around the world will have the opportunity to win them via a number of planned promotions in the coming weeks.

Packaged in a steel ammo crate, the Artyom Custom Edition contains:

• A fully-functionally, hand-made Nixie Watch
• A Gas Mask and Filter 
• A working Bullet Lighter made from a decommissioned sniper shell
• A hand-made steel Spartan dog tag to be engraved with the recipient’s name
• A leather map case and map of the Aurora’s journey
• A personalised Certificate of Ownership, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky and Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov

The first of these priceless editions has been given to 4A Games – the remaining nine will be available to win via a series of upcoming promotions. Be the first to hear how you can stand a chance of winning by registering at MetroTheGame.com, following us on Twitter and Instagram @MetroVideoGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame.

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If Wade didn't already have his own gas mask he'd be all over that version!

* gas masks

Metro Exodus takes time to truly make sense as an open world game (PC Gamer)

Exodus is definitely taking a risk by going open world, but I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy exploring these places and meeting these people. After an hour, I felt like Exodus was moving too slowly. After three hours, I wanted to see everything on the map before the Aurora moved on to its next destination, even knowing there'll be a lot of downtime in doing so. 

Metro Exodus is the antidote to the “merry Western apocalypse” (PCGamesN)

Our visions of the post-apocalypse are too cheerful in the West – too optimistic. That's according to Dmitry Glukhovsky, the sci-fi author who has helped turn his Metro novels into a series of bleak, brutal, and distinct first-person survival horror shooters.

Metro Exodus's summer map is fun, but it's at its best when you go back underground (Rock Paper Shotgun)

It’s tense, creepy, frustrating in the best way, and I ended up loudly swearing as I made a desperate break for the exit. At these times you do feel like you’re on the back foot; like the world doesn’t belong to us any more. Up on the surface it feels deceptively easy to sigh, push another couple of shells into the shotgun, and explode some skulls. In the dark, underground, the spiders move too fast for that, and there’s nowhere to run… Good practise for our inevitable apocalyptic future either way though, eh?

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do you have to have finished the previous games to play this?

It would probably "help" frame some context, but I doubt it would be essential in the least.

I never finished Last Light because I fucked myself over by saving and didn't have enough air while outside to get to where I needed to go and didnt have an older save. I can't remember the details because it was a really long time ago but I remember trying for a few hours to speed run the section and couldn't. 

Still all over this though

Packed with brand new footage and stunning tear-downs of the iconic hand-made guns of post-apocalyptic Russia, this trailer reveals the devastating arsenal of weapons used by Artyom and his band of Spartans as they journey across Russia.