Metro Exodus - Information Thread, update: Enhanced Edition announced for PC (free upgrade for current owners)

Pikachu

Created by Elastic.tv, the award winning makers of some of the most iconic title sequences of recent years including Game of Thrones and Westworld, this beautiful introduction to the game is set to an original score by Metro series composer Alexey Omelchuk.

Metro Exodus has gone gold, and will now release on February 15th 2019!

• 4 weeks later...

Narrated from the perspective of Anna, the Spartan Order’s top sniper and Artyom’s wife, the Story Trailer explores the hostile world of Metro Exodus that lies in wait for the crew of the Aurora as they flee the ruins of Moscow and embark on an epic year-long journey into the unknown. Artyom always believed that there was life beyond the Metro – now his hopes and dreams will be put to the ultimate test in the crucible of the Russian wastelands.

We are incrediby excited to reveal the Metro Exodus Artyom Edition, an incredibly limited hand-crafted and priceless edition, created with 4A Games and Metro author Dmitry Glukovsky.

This extraordinary bespoke edition is so rare only ten have been made, and they are not available to purchase in any store – instead, Metro fans around the world will have the opportunity to win them via a number of planned promotions in the coming weeks.

Packaged in a steel ammo crate, the Artyom Custom Edition contains:

• A fully-functionally, hand-made Nixie Watch
• A Gas Mask and Filter 
• A working Bullet Lighter made from a decommissioned sniper shell
• A hand-made steel Spartan dog tag to be engraved with the recipient’s name
• A leather map case and map of the Aurora’s journey
• A personalised Certificate of Ownership, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky and Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov

The first of these priceless editions has been given to 4A Games – the remaining nine will be available to win via a series of upcoming promotions. Be the first to hear how you can stand a chance of winning by registering at MetroTheGame.com, following us on Twitter and Instagram @MetroVideoGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame.

Metro Exodus takes time to truly make sense as an open world game (PC Gamer)

Exodus is definitely taking a risk by going open world, but I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy exploring these places and meeting these people. After an hour, I felt like Exodus was moving too slowly. After three hours, I wanted to see everything on the map before the Aurora moved on to its next destination, even knowing there'll be a lot of downtime in doing so. 

Metro Exodus is the antidote to the “merry Western apocalypse” (PCGamesN)

Our visions of the post-apocalypse are too cheerful in the West – too optimistic. That's according to Dmitry Glukhovsky, the sci-fi author who has helped turn his Metro novels into a series of bleak, brutal, and distinct first-person survival horror shooters.

Metro Exodus's summer map is fun, but it's at its best when you go back underground (Rock Paper Shotgun)

It’s tense, creepy, frustrating in the best way, and I ended up loudly swearing as I made a desperate break for the exit. At these times you do feel like you’re on the back foot; like the world doesn’t belong to us any more. Up on the surface it feels deceptively easy to sigh, push another couple of shells into the shotgun, and explode some skulls. In the dark, underground, the spiders move too fast for that, and there’s nowhere to run… Good practise for our inevitable apocalyptic future either way though, eh?

I never finished Last Light because I fucked myself over by saving and didn't have enough air while outside to get to where I needed to go and didnt have an older save. I can't remember the details because it was a really long time ago but I remember trying for a few hours to speed run the section and couldn't. 

Still all over this though

After Three Hours of 'Metro Exodus,' I Was Surprised By How Much I Laughed (Waypoint)

Whether it was watching reckless enemies flail into traps or listening to audiologs or engaging in an absurd, long range sniper duel, my time with Exodus was filled with moments that made me grin. Everything else? Well, it mostly works, and if that sounds like a backhanded compliment, well… I refer back to my opening statement: the game’s blend of humor and world building is the one thing that exceeded my expectations. The combat is functional. The more linear sections of level design are pretty much in line with past games. In an era overflowing with open world games, the game’s sandboxes are totally fine. But it’s the character of Exodus that sets it apart, and when the game drops in February, that’s the thing I’m most looking forward to.

Famed for their gripping atmosphere, intense gameplay, powerful story-telling and hauntingly realised game world, Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light have earned their reputation as cult classics. Now, we are ready to release the long-anticipated Metro Exodus.

Five years in the making, it builds on the series’ strengths while offering players a new sensation of freedom and exploration in the wastelands of post-apocalyptic Russia. For newcomers to the series, this video explores the unique world and deep gameplay features of Metro Exodus. 

A quarter century after nuclear war devastated the Earth, a few thousand survivors took refuge in the Moscow Metro. They believed they were the last remnants of humanity - but they were wrong. Only Artyom dared to dream of a life on the surface. But dreams can quickly turn to nightmares…

It’s time to leave the ruins of Moscow, and journey beyond.

Final making of video: 

The final addition to a three part documentary series filmed on location in Kiev and Malta at 4A Games’ two studios as they put the finishing touches on the upcoming Metro Exodus.

Featuring interviews with key personnel at 4A Games, archive footage and photos, and never-seen-before materials from the 5 year development of Metro Exodus from the earliest concept stage,  this series takes fans to the heart of the creative process behind 4A Games’ most ambitious project to date.

In Episode Three, 4A Games reflect on their experience of seeing all the constituent parts of Metro Exodus finally piece together, and the camaraderie that comes from completing such a vast project as a team. We also hear from 4A Games’ Creative Director Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov, speaking with pride for his ‘Spartans’ as they worked to complete the game without him during his recovery from the stroke he suffered during the final months of development.

Watch Episode One: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcoYtpfRPFI
Watch Episode Two: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQfcTlCpTo

46 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

I've never played a Metro game before, is it similar to Fallout?

The game is more like STALKER. It's not an RPG, but you can modify and customize your weapons with different parts as demonstrated in the weapons videos. You have to manage your ammo and resources well otherwise you can run out especially on harder difficulties.