Cohen sentenced to three years

Jason

It feels odd that his defense for repeatedly committing crimes is his "blind loyalty" to Trump. Luca Brasi was pretty darn loyal to Vito Corleone but I don't think that's a defense that holds up in court. It kinda feels like he's saying that for an audience of one, hoping to get a pardon, but at the same time he's also saying that Trump specifically asked him to commit these crimes. I guess he never was the best lawyer.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It feels odd that his defense for repeatedly committing crimes is his "blind loyalty" to Trump. Luca Brasi was pretty darn loyal to Vito Corleone but I don't think that's a defense that holds up in court. It kinda feels like he's saying that for an audience of one, hoping to get a pardon, but at the same time he's also saying that Trump specifically asked him to commit these crimes. I guess he never was the best lawyer.

Cooley grads tend not to be. 

• Haha 1

Just now, legend said:

3 years might be "short" relatively speaking to what he could have gone down for, but it's still a horrible outcome for someone like him. It's nice that these assholes aren't getting off Scott free.

Man, if I were him, 3 years would be amazing. 

34 minutes ago, legend said:

3 years might be "short" relatively speaking to what he could have gone down for, but it's still a horrible outcome for someone like him. It's nice that these assholes aren't getting off Scott free.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that he may actually face real jail time, but for the crimes he committed, it's insane he gets off this lightly.

32 minutes ago, Comet said:

Man, if I were him, 3 years would be amazing. 

Precisely. Given the severity of his crimes, he's lucky he only got 3 years. Still horrifying, but still 3 years. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, legend said:

They might not get off Scott Free, but they can still Jack Abramoff. 

• Haha 3