Sony Exec: PS4 Pro a Good Example of Necessary Evolution; Our Players Demand Single Player Games

SaysWho?

37 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It's not so much that it's dead it's just consumers get more bang for their buck with multiplayer and it's easier to monetize MP games over SP games.

The multiplayer thing is two-fold:

1) Some of the most successful games are multiplayer (Fortnite, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Destiny, Rocket League)

2) The biggest bombs tend to be multiplayer (Battleborn, Lawbreakers, Drawn to Death)

If you can't muster an audience and start a party, then the party is destined to never begin and nobody will buy the game or try the game to see what they're missing. So it's a double-edged sword, I think.

I’d say I’m a single player kind of guy but then I do play Guild Wars 2 religiously and and raid with a group of people...

but other than that  I can’t stand competitive gaming. I can do a few matches here and there if whatever game but after that I’m done and want to move on. I don’t get how people can sit and play any game for so long I get bored just as easily if I win or lose.

sorry I can’t meme it up like the youngins’ do these days