Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order OT

Commissar SFLUFAN

What's weird is that the first two were developed by a completely different studio, and published by Activision. Even if Activision lost the Marvel license (hence MUA and MUA2 getting de-listed a while back), did Nintendo or Team Ninja buy the MUA IP? 

There must have been some crazy dealings for this to happen, but why? Why not just get the Marvel license and release Marvel Super Team-Up or something?

4 minutes ago, legend said:

So what's the hype for? The trailer looked incredibly boring to me.

Probably because MARVEL is really popular right now. And likely due to the fact that the “MCU-only” characters are finally teaming up with the X-MEN again. It’s not the movie version we want, but this’ll do. 

Plus, I think the first two Ultimate Alliance games were well-received, so fans are hyped for the third entry just on principle. 

Agreed about the trailer, though. For something as “epic” as this premise would imply, the reveal was kinda...tame. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I don’t think it is hype but it’s really surprising resurrection of an IP that seemed dead. Add that it’s Switch exclusive and being developed by Team Ninja, it is a really interesting announcement. 

The Team Ninja thing doesn't make it interesting to me. In fact I didn't realize it was a Team Ninja game till this thread, and I watched the damn trailer! Looks horribly bland, the only thing it has going for it is the name really.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The Team Ninja thing doesn't make it interesting to me. In fact I didn't realize it was a Team Ninja game till this thread, and I watched the damn trailer! Looks horribly bland, the only thing it has going for it is the name really.

Most coop beatem up trailers are blah. 

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I didn’t realize the MUA games were viewed through such rose colored glasses. That trailer looked fine. 

Watch that trailer back to back with MUA2 trailer that is in this thread.  Seriously MUA2 looks better and looks like it has more interesting gameplay.

• 1 month later...

This is a nice little surprise

I love MUA and for a switch run id buy it, I think it looks a little bit like a mobile game in those trailers but I'm going to assume that the game will get more polish since it's probably going to be awhile still for release. 

Not expecting the world with this but I'll be really curious to see how it turns out, thanks for the post on it 

• 3 months later...