Epic Games Store - Wave 1 Lineup

Commissar SFLUFAN

Their refund stuff is as blatantly anti-consumer as you can get. Steam's refund policy is pretty bad, but at least they don't put huge roadblocks in your way. 

If a company wants to seriously compete with Steam they have to show goodwill towards consumers. They are eventually going to have to compete for sales of products sold on both platforms, and they will never be as convenient as Steam, so making me feel good about using their service over Steam was one of the only ways I would favor them. 

I guess they have at least one thing going for them which is the young Fortnite audience who may just be getting into gaming and may not already be using Steam. 

I never even understand the complaints of Valve not making games as something that relates to a fucking storefront. Valve not making games has nothing to do with a storefront discussion, yet I see it in every topic about this subject. It's bizarre. "Well Valve should've made Half-Life 3!" Uhh, what? The fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING?

20 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I never even understand the complaints of Valve not making games as something that relates to a fucking storefront. Valve not making games has nothing to do with a storefront discussion, yet I see it in every topic about this subject. It's bizarre. "Well Valve should've made Half-Life 3!" Uhh, what? The fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Well if they made half-life 3 then flash sales would still be alive!

"For instance, forums and other social media-like tools—a cornerstone of Steam—won’t be part of the package. Galyonkin said that this is because “not a single developer I talked to wanted forums” and “the toxicity it brings,” preferring to interact with communities on their own terms on platforms like Reddit and Discord instead.

“That’s why we won’t have forums on Epic Games store and will start with a ticketing system, so gamers can message devs about their problems instead of review-bombing them,” said Galyonkin."

The store isnt for the developers , its for customers. Now I am not heavy Steam forum user but almost every time ive hit a bug or an issue running a game Ive found the answer there. I want to see bad reviews especially if its because the game is broken. This ticket shit hides that.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, SimpleG said:

"For instance, forums and other social media-like tools—a cornerstone of Steam—won’t be part of the package. Galyonkin said that this is because “not a single developer I talked to wanted forums” and “the toxicity it brings,” preferring to interact with communities on their own terms on platforms like Reddit and Discord instead.

“That’s why we won’t have forums on Epic Games store and will start with a ticketing system, so gamers can message devs about their problems instead of review-bombing them,” said Galyonkin."

The store isnt for the developers , its for customers. Now I am not heavy Steam forum user but almost every time ive hit a bug or an issue running a game Ive found the answer there. I want to see bad reviews especially if its because the game is broken. This ticket shit hides that.

Ah, keeping all the bugs and issues hush-hush, and not allowing users to voice their distaste.

Of course developers wouldn't want that. Just a nice simple store page with as little information to turn potential customers away as possible.

I'm sure this will go amazingly well!