Mortal Kombat 11 (23 April 2019) OT - You're Next, update: NetherRealm officially ends support for MK11

Commissar SFLUFAN

I played a bit of this last night, only went through the Very Easy tower, though. The fighting system seems very different from what I remember about MK. Though I haven’t played the reboot or MKX. 

I accidentally pulled off a couple of Brutalities. Not sure if that was done because I was playing the easiest mode, or it that automatically happens when you deliver a powerful final hit on your opponent. Either way? This game is pretty fun.

5 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I played a bit of this last night, only went through the Very Easy tower, though. The fighting system seems very different from what I remember about MK. Though I haven’t played the reboot or MKX. 

I accidentally pulled off a couple of Brutalities. Not sure if that was done because I was playing the easiest mode, or it that automatically happens when you deliver a powerful final hit on your opponent. Either way? This game is pretty fun.

Brutalities are caused by meeting certain requirements in match and then performing the correct final blow. Scorpion has one where if you don't block in the final round and finish an opponent with an uppercut their head fly's off. I love the way Brutalities work in the new games.

16 hours ago, The def star said:

Brutalities are caused by meeting certain requirements in match and then performing the correct final blow. Scorpion has one where if you don't block in the final round and finish an opponent with an uppercut their head fly's off. I love the way Brutalities work in the new games.

Nice! Yeah, that’s the Brutality I did, but had no idea how to trigger it. Since I was playing Very Easy, I didn’t have to do any blocking, so it makes sense I accidentally triggered the ending move! 

Are there different requirements for each character?

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Nice! Yeah, that’s the Brutality I did, but had no idea how to trigger it. Since I was playing Very Easy, I didn’t have to do any blocking, so it makes sense I accidentally triggered the ending move! 

If it's like MKX, each character has multiple brutalities. 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

When you go into a fight just hit pause and go into “moves list” if you tab over to special moves it tells you how to do(and requirements) for fatalities and brutalities

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Half-way through the story mode and it’s fantastic so far. BTW, I noticed that with the PC version, it definitely does look pretty bad if you don’t have HDR enabled, like super washed out.

I played through MK9 and MKX again last week leading into this, and while I enjoy the story modes in all of them, they really stepped it up for 11.

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Half-way through the story mode and it’s fantastic so far. BTW, I noticed that with the PC version, it definitely does look pretty bad if you don’t have HDR enabled, like super washed out.

So... would I need an HDR monitor for it to look good? 

30 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Hm, I should probably start story mode. Done most of the other modes, but avoided the story for some reason.

Heh. There are legit story modes in fighting games now. In fighting games.

Fighting games. 

Fighting games should not have stories. Lame

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fighting games should not have stories. Lame

Jury is out on that one...I’m not sure they all need an actual STORY MODE but I do enjoy having a background narrative as to where and why these characters are fighting each other. 

It’s cool when fighting rivals face each other and there is context to their conflict. Um, IMO anyway.

20 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You have to also remember that Mortal Kombat games sucked after the 3rd game so the only thing going for it was the story. Also, anyone talking trash about the MK story obviously hasn't seen these gems:

OMG, each one gets better and better. I legit LOLed at Jax's last line. :rofl:

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

So I just wondered into the Krypton for the first time. Anyone have any advice for this place? Should I just be opening as much as I can before moving on?

Actually, the chests that have the best stuff are unlocked with the hearts. I THINK, and I could be wrong, but I think those chests are static and using the coordinates you can pick the ones that unlock stuff for the characters you care about. Those hearts are hard to come by, so if you’re not going to play the game a ton it’s worth your time to look up where the chests are for the characters you want to unlock stuff for. 

The normal chests are randomized I believe, and give you less exciting stuff. I am not sure if there’s any rhyme or reason to what’s in those. 

It could be kinda fun but due to the high cost of the chests that actually matter, it kind of fucking sucks. 

I ended double dipping on the switch version :( I needed to practice on my kombos when I am not home. The online can be rough. My only grip with the switch version so far is this dumb 16gb download. The game is missing so much with out it. Also the switch wifi takes forever to download the patch. Why didn't they just put the whole game on the cart :|

Other than that it's still pretty fun. Whish it could cross save with Xbox though.

My only gripe with the game is that you can't switch/select between unlocked skins at character select, like you could in every previous MK game.  I don't like having to make a "kustomized" fighter just to use a different skin.

Other than that I'm having a blast.

I am seriously loving this game. Initially it took me a while to get used to the controls due to how much I played MKX  but once I got used to the controls, the fun was unleashed on me. Johnny Cage has always been my fav  MK  fighter but to be honest,  I am loving Jade so much that at one point I was almost playing with her more than Cage. 

- Loved the story mode. I thought the story in MKX was not memorable when compared, to past stories featured from Netherealms like MK vs DC, MK9,  MKX, and the 2 Injustice games. I couldn't put this game down when I was playing the story and I seriously got a little sad when I got the 50% trophy as 

I knew I was flying thru it and it would end soon. Even seeing the character specific ending, at least the few I have completed, have been thought out endings. 

- As a vet of fighting games since Street Fighter 2 World Warrior, I was pretty damn impressed with the tutorial mode. The explanations were awesome. I think other fighters need to take note. I am one combo sequence away from unlocking the Shao Khan announcer and I just can't do that damn combo in the data and frame section. It's the last one that requires own to continue a combo after the character resets. So you need to pause but be quick and I guess I'm not pausing enough or my pauses are too long. Ugh. I'll get there.

- I'm loving the grind of the Krypt. I don't know how others are feeling but it encourages me to play the game to get the money, hearts, and souls.  Wanted to just unlock looks for Cage and Jade. I then realized the various ways to unlock things thru the towers and Krypt. I know it's not every ones cup of tea but I am loving it.

- Then I tried the team battle online and that's such a fun mode. I need to get back on that.

Seriously looking forward to the release of the DLC characters.

Hit me up on PS4 if you need a sparring partner. Chitownshogun73 is my psn tag.

• Like 1