Mortal Kombat 11 (23 April 2019) OT - You're Next, update: NetherRealm officially ends support for MK11

Commissar SFLUFAN

Mortal Kombat 11 Will Fix Grind and Progression Rewards

Speaking in the most recent Kombat Kast for Mortal Kombat 11, NetherRealm Studios said that it’s looking to re-balance Mortal Kombat 11‘s progression system, so players should receive better rewards more frequently than they will at launch. This change won’t come in the form of an official patch or anything like that, as all NetherRealm will have to do is tweak some numbers behind-the-scenes to lessen the grind a bit.

MAJOR SPOILERS as it shows what happens when you kill the final boss but this video shows off every single brutality, fatal blow, and fatality for all characters. The video screenshot itself is a spoiler so only expand below if you don't care.

Honestly, it's exactly what I wanted to tide me over until this game is re-released a year from now with everything included for $20. :p

Spoiler

Man went through most of the tutorial and did some towers. Game is so good. Plan to spend a whole day to do the story mode. I would double dip with this on Xbox and switch if save file and progression was shared between the two. I know with MS and Nintendo having a close business relationship it would be pretty sweet if this was made possible.

3 hours ago, The def star said:

Man went through most of the tutorial and did some towers. Game is so good. Plan to spend a whole day to do the story mode. I would double dip with this on Xbox and switch if save file and progression was shared between the two. I know with MS and Nintendo having a close business relationship it would be pretty sweet if this was made possible.

Same here, if I could move my progression to Switch I would def get both. Even as it stands now I still might double dip. 

First MK I’ve bought since Deadly Alliance

and I’m loving it so far. 

Btw, I like how on PC you must run the benchmark and achieve a 60fps average to be able to play online. That’s awesome.

I wonder if that’s what people are actually complaining about? It’s done to mitigate lag but people with crappy systems don’t want to drop settings :p 

Some people are complaining about performance... while others are saying they're not getting any performance issues. And many are claiming it looks like ass, but from what I've seen it looks fine. :shrug:

Personally, I'll wait for a sale... after they release the 2nd character pack/super large edition that includes stuff that aren't in the premium edition. :p 

3 hours ago, Raggit said:

Some people are complaining about performance... while others are saying they're not getting any performance issues. And many are claiming it looks like ass, but from what I've seen it looks fine. :shrug:

Personally, I'll wait for a sale... after they release the 2nd character pack/super large edition that includes stuff that aren't in the premium edition. :p 

It runs and looks great so far for me... but I have a 2080 Ti, so :p 

5 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Yes I believe they said the x ray combos and fatalities are prerendered so they can have more detail thus they run at 30fps.

I don't see how that would work considering all of the visual customization you can make to the characters.

So this is my first MK since Deadly Alliance and I never played any of the Injustice games. I started the story mode last night and HOLY SHIT is this awesome. I’m def going back through at least the two Injustices after this.

After that I’m finding the unlockables and stuff to be confusing AF. I keep thinking I unlock things after matches but then can never find them. I wish charcwtes had a flashing “new” or something over them. 

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

So this is my first MK since Deadly Alliance and I never played any of the Injustice games. I started the story mode last night and HOLY SHIT is this awesome. I’m def going back through at least the two Injustices after this.

After that I’m finding the unlockables and stuff to be confusing AF. I keep thinking I unlock things after matches but then can never find them. I wish charcwtes had a flashing “new” or something over them. 

There's a lot of moving pieces in this game for sure!  From konsumables to gear pieces to augments to all the different currencies, it a bit.

They are addressing the grind though so we'll see how that goes.  As fun a game as this is, it shouldn't take a 1000 hours to unlock everything.

I also started playing around with the AI characters.  You can set their tendencies and then let them loose in AI battles or in the towers of time.  They'll also do fatalities and brutalities 9 times out of 10 so you get to see some stuff that you haven't unlocked yet.  You also get trophies for some of that as well.

15 hours ago, jaethos said:

I don't see how that would work considering all of the visual customization you can make to the characters.

Those scenes aren't pre rendered. It was just a design choice to make the fatal blows run at 30fps. I'm sure if they let you it could easily run at 60fps on PC but they want it to be at 30fps for those.

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

I HIGHLY recommend getting and playing the first NetherRealm MK game (the reboot). The story goes through the 16-bit era MK1-3 and is just fantastic (it’s also very lengthy, like 8-ish hours or more iirc). It starts with the events of the last Midway game and Shao Kahn “winning”, so Raiden sends a message through time to his past self to stop this from happening, thus there are major differences from the original MK timeline due to past-Raiden trying to change things.

I always buy these games, from the first to this one, and beyond

I put 35 minutes into it this morning. Amazing graphics. Started the story mode on hard difficulty and thus got my ass kicked a few times in a row.

I'll need a few hours before I see any of you online. But I will see you there soon!