Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - Information Thread, update: "Who is the Dread Wolf?" teaser trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

• 4 months later...

Fernando Melo is the second lead producer to leave the company in as many days.

Melo worked as a senior producer on Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 before becoming director of online development in 2011. In 2015, he left the role to work on the online portion of Mass Effect: Andromeda, and was later made lead producer on the next Dragon Age game, codenamed Morrison. 

15 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Maybe they're trying to, but Papa EA won't let them.

I mean, in the ways DA:I sucked, I don't really think EA had anything to do with that. I mean, am I sure EA is the biggest issue, but BioWare as been putting out nothing but shitty games since March 8th, 2011. 

That sure was a trailer alright. It told us almost nothing substantive, aside from the game being super far away, but it's being made and someday might be interesting. That or it'll be the final nail in the coffin for Bioware.

They used to get an automatic buy from me, now they have to prove they can make a good game, that hopefully wasn't thrown together in the last year and a half of development 

• 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The next Dragon Age - Information Thread, update: Official Teaser Trailer
  • 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I still have yet to play Dragon Age II or Dragon Age: Inquisition. I know 2 gets a bad rap but it's shorter so I think I can manage that one. I heard good things about Inquisition but I don't know when I'll get to it. I really enjoyed Origins way back in the day though.

Dragon Age II is awful. After the open world experience of Origins, I recall DA2 feeling more like a mobile game, with a hub and these different zones that you teleport to.

Inquisition is great but it sort of felt like a single player MMO, which I know turns some people off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Dragon Age II is awful. After the open world experience of Origins, I recall DA2 feeling more like a mobile game, with a hub and these different zones that you teleport to.

Inquisition is great but it sort of felt like a single player MMO, which I know turns some people off.

Yeah I remember the criticisms being harsh, but I've heard in retrospect it's gotten a new reputation somewhat. I don't mind a game that switches gears so long as it's done well. I know the game was rushed and that's why it's not as open world. I can live with that if it's still fun/good otherwise, but yeah people hated the game when it came out. Something shorter sounds nice actually in this day and age of overly long, empty open world games.

I heard the same with Inquisition, I just need to set aside a lot of time to play it is the big issue with that one. :p 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon Age: Dread Wolf - Information Thread, update: official name announcement
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - Information Thread, update: official name announcement
7 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Dragon Age II isn’t awful, and doesn’t feel like a mobile game. If you didn’t care for it then that’s fine, but I personally really enjoyed it. It’s more directed, focused and linear than Origins, but the story, characters, combat and pacing are all really good IMO. My only real complaint with it is that they recycle the dungeons, but other than that it’s a solid game.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

I hate DA:I. Total trash. From the story to the side quests being mmo filler trash. And holy shit the beta soy boy of a human protagonist similar to ME:A.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is my favorite in the series, the story, characters, quests, environment variety and events that occur throughout are all really good IMO. And if you play as a male character instead of as female one in RPGs then that’s on you, because I can’t think of an RPG that offers a male/female character choice where the male protagonist is more appealing than the female one.

RPGs are one of my favorite genres, but I wouldn’t have liked most of the ones that I’ve played if I had to play as the male protagonist option instead of as the female one. For example, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is one of my favorite games but I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy one minute of it if I had to play as Alexios instead of as Kassandra.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1