~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming Obsidian announces "The Outer Worlds" (Fallout/Firefly-inspired first-person RPG) for PC/PS4/XB1 (2019), update - 14 minutes of gameplay footage

Borderlands meets Fallout meets Mass Effect?

This will likely be a day one for me. I love Obsidian.

Obsidian making a new big budget RPG in a borderlands meets firefly meets fallout universe, oh fuck yes give this to me and it comes out within a year

Recently, Ben Reeves visited Obsidian Entertainment and learned about their exciting new game The Outer Worlds and how it pulls certain elements from Fallout's past to create something fresh. Watch Jeff Cork and Ben Hanson learn all about the new game from Reeves and let us know what you think of the game in the comments below. Thanks for watching!

:feelsgood:

Looks like Fallout, Mass Effect and Bioshock gang banged and had a baby. I've been itching for some more sci fi games and this looks like it will scratch the itch.  Looking forward to this.

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

That looks pretty fun. Any idea what engine it's using? It's not destined to be as jankey as a Bethesda game, right?

It's UE4 per PCGamer

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

It's UE4 per PCGamer

Obsidian's The Outer Worlds blends Firefly and Fallout into a bold, open-ended sci-fi RPG (PC Gamer)

It's an incredibly good time to be the creators of Fallout. Not Bethesda, the studio behind Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 and now the disappointing Fallout 76: It's a bad time to be Bethesda, with new Fallout 76 problems seemingly popping up every day. But it's a great time to be Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, who designed the original Fallout and Fallout 2 in 1997/1998. From the hour of gameplay I saw in a recent demo at Obsidian's offices, The Outer Worlds looks like exactly the game anyone disappointed in Fallout 76's multiplayer focus will want to play: a first-person RPG shooter, with a focus on roleplaying above all else

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Looks like Fallout, Mass Effect and Bioshock gang banged and had a baby. I've been itching for some more sci fi games and this looks like it will scratch the itch.  Looking forward to this.

My thoughts exactly.  It also reminded me of how much I want to play Cyber Punk!!!

Three things we learned about Obsidian’s new RPG, The Outer Worlds (Polygon)

It also feels like a balm for fans of massively single-player worlds — just like the ones made famous by Obsidian’s one-time collaborator Bethesda — fans still reeling from the rocky launch of Fallout 76.

Outer Worlds Won't Have Romances, Plus Other Things We Learned About Obsidian's Big New RPG (USGamer)

Obsidian pulled the curtain from The Outer Worlds, a new first-person RPG designed by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky. If you're unfamiliar, those two designed the original Fallout and Fallout 2 games back when they were both isometric RPGs. They're back with a new sci-fi RPG that seems to be everything that Fallout 76 isn't.

Six Big Takeaways From The Outer Worlds (Game Informer)

Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are the game’s two co-directors, and both designers worked on the original Fallout as well as titles like Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, WildStar, and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yup, with a little borderlands for spice. I'm definitely in, this looks right up my alley. 

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Well they already fixed one of the most annoying parts of Fallout/Elder Scrolls, no lock picking or hacking mini games, lol.

Yeah I think they ultimately just slowed things down. To that end, I wrote some code for Fallout 3 back in the day that made the hacking mini games super simple :p 

(I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who did)

7 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah I think they ultimately just slowed things down. To that end, I wrote some code for Fallout 3 back in the day that made the hacking mini games super simple :p 

(I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one who did)

I always just maxed out the skill then would quick hit 3 then reset the computer, seemed faster than actually trying to figure it out.  Fucking misclicking and losing a try because the pointer wasnt accurate either was frustrating as well. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Seriously... cancelling my Fallout 76 preorder seems wiser and wiser everyday.

Placing your Fallout 76 preorder seems dumber and dumber everyday. :p