Super Smash Bros. Ultimate review thread

SaysWho?

This game really is fantastic! Finally just unlocked all 74 current fighters, now to try adventure mode next.

Really having a blast starting to actually learn the game and playing with peeps here about every night. Since all of us make sure to set mtu to 15000 and have pretty good networks our latency has been great.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, Paperclyp said:

On the one hand, I'm amused that people searching 1 v 1 no items final destination keep getting put in chaotic 4 player matches with max items. 

On the other hand, Nintendo should fix their shit. 

Wouldn’t this go the opposite way too?  And if the online is anything like Wii U, more items and players adds significantly more lag to online matches.

Its not a good system to begin with, but Nintendo should know better than to force players into anything when the netcode can’t keep up.

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Hope you guys are still playing in a few weeks. Not getting my hands on this till Christmas. 

I know I’ll be playing. I’ve unlocked 56 character and still have another 18 to go. It’s addictive playing matches online with sooo many characters and sooo many level stages to fight on. 

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Wouldn’t this go the opposite way too?  And if the online is anything like Wii U, more items and players adds significantly more lag to online matches.

Its not a good system to begin with, but Nintendo should know better than to force players into anything when the netcode can’t keep up.

I haven't tried the online and am only slightly curious about it. Basically I don't want to give Nintendo money for that service right now, because I think they fucked it up on multiple levels. 

I just like to poke fun at the people who play smash like it's Street Fighter or something. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I just like to poke fun at the people who play smash like it's Street Fighter or something. 

People take all sorts of games seriously, so it really shouldn't matter.

I'd rather make fun of Nintendo for the ways they've failed to understand their audience for this series.  Its resulted in some piss poor decisions that make no one happy, or always thinking about what could have been.

For example, we all knew the game would have some fatal flaw online before they even said a word about it.  And now they want to charge us extra for that.  Nope.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

How often do y'all play this game? All the time? Or not at all? I had an epic battle with a buddy of mine tonight and here is the ending. My Greninja vs his Luigi! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCeNWJ8Xlw8

I don’t play it nearly as much as I should. And that’s the problem, I can’t get good enough to compete online. It’s not fun getting your ass handed to you. 

• True 1

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I don’t play it nearly as much as I should. And that’s the problem, I can’t get good enough to compete online. It’s not fun getting your ass handed to you. 

As someone who got my ass kicked by you in Mario Tennis online,I totally agree with that! :p 

• Haha 1