Men In Black International - Official Trailer posted!

https://screenrant.com/men-black-international-spinoff-title/

The upcoming Men in Black reboot starring Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson is reportedly officially titled Men in Black International. More than two decades after Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith played the coolest alien hunters on earth, the Men in Black franchise is getting a spinoff/reboot with a new lead cast.

Plot details on the new MiB movie are being kept mostly under wraps, but teasers from the production have shown stars Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson traipsing around the desert as well as donning the iconic black suitsfamiliar from the original movie. Hemsworth and Thompson are joined in the cast by Kumail Nanjiani as a wisecracking alien sidekick, together with Emma Thompson in a reprise of her Agent O character from Men in Black 3. Rebecca Ferguson has also been added to the cast in an undisclosed role, together with Liam Neeson and Rafe Spall.

Now, the Men in Black reboot reportedly has an official title too. As reported by Collider, the movie is going by the name Men in Black International. The information came to light ahead of a Sony Pictures panel at Brazil Comic-Con where a booth has been set up revealing the title. The "international" angle to the title is in keeping with previously revealed plot details noting that the new film deals with the London branch of MiB and involves Hemsworth and Thompson's agents becoming entrenched in "a murder mystery that has them traveling the globe."

23 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I think i would have rather had the rumors be true from a while back where the next 21 Jump Street movie was going to be the new Men In Black movie.

It wasn’t even a rumor. Sony announced it as in active deevelolment a couple of years back at Cinemacon as MIB 23 after some initial discussion of the film idea leaked as a result of the Sony hack.

The Men in Black have always protected the Earth from the scum of the universe. In this new adventure, they tackle their biggest, most global threat to date: a mole in the Men in Black organization.

Directed by: F. Gary Gray

Based on the Malibu Comic by: Lowell Cunningham

I might just be in a mood........but that trailer didn't do anything for me.  Maybe I still can't get over the casting.  Two people that starred together in Thor Ragnarok fighting people/monsters/aliens/whatever, coming together in another light hearted fun movie doing the same thing...meh.    I'll rent it at some point since I saw the other MIB movies, that's about it. :shrug:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't see another thread, so I'm bumping this one.

With a 24% on RT and an opening BO of barely $30M, things aren't looking great for MIB: International, but I went to see it anyways. Where as I went into both King of Monsters and Dark Phoenix expecting them to be bad, I was still a bit surprised by how those movies failed. MIB: International doesn't go out of it's way to disappoint, it's just bland. The formidable cast actually has excellent chemistry, but it's never used to any real effect. The MIB aesthetic no longer feels novel, and the mystery is all around more boring than the preceding films. There's nothing here that feels like a betrayal of purpose, but also nothing that fulfills that potential whatsoever. Watch it on a plane and don't rewind when you fall asleep.

• Thanks 1

Apparently there were a lot of behind the scenes issues that caused this movie to turn out poorly, similar to Suicide Squad, The Mummy reboot, the Hellboy reboot, and X--Men: Dark Phoenix (The Last Stand reboot). :p  Maybe studio and producer interference/notes isn't a good thing. Wonder when Hollywood will catch on.

https://www.slashfilm.com/men-in-black-international-behind-the-scenes-problems/