~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kittykat

CHIROPRACTORS ARE FAKE NEWS

At best, they have absolutely no benefit. At worst, they give you a stroke and you die.

I’d waste my money in a slot machine before I pay a fake witch doctor. 

8 hours ago, kittykat said:

At best, they have absolutely no benefit. At worst, they give you a stroke and you die.

I’d waste my money in a slot machine before I pay a fake witch doctor. 

Nothing but smoke & mirrors.  

Actually helped me quite a bit with my hip flexor in high school, but any personal trainer probably could have done the same.

22 minutes ago, Triage said:

I disagree based on personal experience 

Same. 

My cousin is one actually. He opened his own office last year in Totowa NJ. 

Generally, I think most of them are quacks, promoting junk science and all. But occasionally they can be useful. I've never had a need for one, though.

I did have a chick go off on an anti-vax rant at me once, saying she was educated and a doctor, so she knew her shit. I looked her up and she was a fucking chiropractor.

I just want my back cracked. I did it all the time when I was in HS thanks to the type of chairs. 

The base of their education is bullshit. It’s about vague alignment and energies. Many will tell you they can solve a myriad of issues not related to the CNS (at least in the way that they claim) with adjustments. Stuff like the common cold or an earache. 

They have a powerful lobby and have fought petty wars with physical therapists about naming rights to specific maneuvers they perform. PTs can do the exact same maneuver but can’t call it the same. Stuff like that. 

I don’t think they’re evil, but a lot of them willingly mislead people, and it often seems to be people of a lower education level or taking advantage of parent anxieties with their kids (ie, your kid doesn’t need medication for his ADHD. There’s nothing actually wrong with him. He just needs frequent alignment adjustments so that his CNS is ok). 

If you’re gonna use one, just be cautious. 

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

A nice back cracking and massage is about all I get out of chiropractors.

Yes, chiropractic work is only as good for the body and useful as is a massage.  Which is to say they can very much help you relax and feel temporary muscle/joint relief, but that is it

17 hours ago, Triage said:

According to my personal experience the placebo's I take work just as well.

It needs to be regulated better imo. They need to actively tell their clients what procedures are evidence based and aren't.

Working in auto injury claims, fuck chiropractors. Can't believe this shit is considered acceptable treatment we have to pay for. Their all scam artists to trying to get insurance companies to pay for months and months of bs treatment after an accident. It's bad enough we'll pay up to 2 months, but then you get jack offs going for 6 months to a year for a minor accident and trying to get us to pay all of it. They must have a good lobby to convince anybody they are actually worth a damn. 

26 minutes ago, Rev said:

It needs to be regulated better imo. They need to actively tell their clients what procedures are evidence based and aren't.

same with religion.

I've only been to one a handful times in my life after I was injured in a kickboxing match and all the guy did was basically sweatily sexually harass me in his awkwardly silent 1970's looking office while teaching me stretches I had been doing for years anyway. 

Oh yeah, and charge me a $25 co-pay each time I come for my three-time-per-week sexual harassment.  

Also, I can't take any 'doctor' seriously that is borderline morbidly obese. AND, they're not even good witch doctors, they at least look cool and get you high.

2 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Yes, chiropractic work is only as good for the body and useful as is a massage.  Which is to say they can very much help you relax and feel temporary muscle/joint relief, but that is it

When I go to the chriopractor, I only go to one that also has a licensed massage therapist. It’s absolutely only useful for momentary relief. 

I honestly didn't know until recently that chiropractic was alternative medicine until I read this thread. Wtf, why do people go to them then? Thankfully I have never needed one, but I have heard so many horror stories.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I honestly didn't know until recently that chiropractic was alternative medicine until I read this thread. Wtf, why do people go to them then? Thankfully I have never needed one, but I have heard so many horror stories.

because it is just like getting a massage, but for (temporary) joint relief.  If you view it like you would getting a massage then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is much better than a chiropractor and works!

My Dad has one of those and it’s actually pretty helpful when I’ve had some pinchy pain in my lower back.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

This is a weirdly worded sentence. :p 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is much better than a chiropractor and works!

Almost every Korean park has something like that. You did old dudes using them at all hours.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:29 PM, Triage said:

On 12/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, Zaku3 said:

Same. 

My cousin is one actually. He opened his own office last year in Totowa NJ. 

Your personal experience means nothing compared to science and facts. You may “feel” better after seeing a chiropractor, but that’s the placebo effect. They aren’t actually helping your health or your spine in any way, and they are actually putting you in danger. Spine manipulation from chiropracty is proven to cause stroke. 

So at the best, they make no difference. At the worst, you have a stroke. Not worth it. 

7 hours ago, kittykat said:

Your personal experience means nothing compared to science and facts. You may “feel” better after seeing a chiropractor, but that’s the placebo effect. They aren’t actually helping your health or your spine in any way, and they are actually putting you in danger. Spine manipulation from chiropracty is proven to cause stroke. 

So at the best, they make no difference. At the worst, you have a stroke. Not worth it. 

Link me to such studies 

I'm 39 and I've seen chiropractor even when I was 10 still no stroke. My parents friend retired chiropractor didn't have one person that had a stroke. Your meds will kill you before a chiropractor does 

Im off meds pains and avoided surgery while going to chiro 

People's take babies now to chiropractors