~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
johnny

Do I need to get a REAL ID to fly domestically?

56 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I can understand not having a passport if you don't travel internationally at all. They're not cheap either.

Yes, before I get too much shit over my comment :p I will state that I was mostly kidding. I know a lot of people don't have passports and/or go on a lot of international trips. Still, passports are not that expensive. $145 for 10 years is really not bad. I realize it's an "additional" cost over a driver's license, but considering that driver's licenses are valid from 4-8 years and cost anywhere from $10 to $89 (all data from this website), depending on the state, the average yearly cost for a driver's license is $6.72. So at $145 for 10 years it is relatively more expensive than a driver's license, per year.  Still, I think most people here can afford an extra $14.50 per year. :p 

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I knew you were serious. Those Germans have brainwashed you!

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

What kind of peasant doesn't have a passport in 2018? I mean, honestly, people. :p 

Only time I've ever been out of the country in my life was Canada before 9/11, so I never needed one. 

I do plan to travel internationally in the next few years, so I'll get one before then. 

11 hours ago, Nokra said:

What kind of peasant doesn't have a passport in 2018? I mean, honestly, people. :p 

They aren't cheap and I don't travel internationally. I had one 10 years ago when I visited Poland with my daughter but both just recently expired. 

31 minutes ago, Triage said:

They aren't cheap and I don't travel internationally. I had one 10 years ago when I visited Poland with my daughter but both just recently expired. 

$75-$85 is not expensive for a 10 yr travel document which allows for world travel.  

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

$75-$85 is not expensive for a 10 yr travel document which allows for world travel.  

I also don't understand letting it expire once you have it. It's a PITA to have to start from scratch, but it's pretty easy to just keep renewing it.

Just now, Jason said:

I also don't understand letting it expire once you have it. It's a PITA to have to start from scratch, but it's pretty easy to just keep renewing it.

Seriously.  I have to renew mine in 2019 and honestly it’s just something you budget for if you want to travel abroad.  It’s the cost of a video game 

52 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Seriously.  I have to renew mine in 2019 and honestly it’s just something you budget for if you want to travel abroad.  It’s the cost of a video game 

And someone would rather play a game than go to France :talkhand:

Lol at telling people they need a passport. A lot of Americans don’t really get the privilege of traveling the world. If you have the money sure why not I guess. But you could also wait until you’re going to actually plan to go overseas to spend the money. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Lol at telling people they need a passport. A lot of Americans don’t really get the privilege of traveling the world. If you have the money sure why not I guess. But you could also wait until you’re going to actually plan to go overseas to spend the money. 

Never having had one is one thing, but if you already have it then it's dumb to let it expire.