Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (03 September 2021) - Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Official Trailer!)

On 4/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Disney has the rights back for the Netflix shows. Rumor is that Daredevil, Jessica Jones and The Punisher will keep the same actors but be "rebooted softly" into the main MCU even thought the Netflix series supoosedly took place in the same universe. Luke Cage and Iron fist will more than likely be completely rebooted and recast. That's the rumor anyway.

It's interesting you mentioned the number of episodes. My buddy who worked on Jessica Jones said the same thing when he was working on the series... too many episodes without enough story to support them.

Just the Defenders characters themselves or the supporting casts too?

I don't really care about Danny Rand but recasting Luke Cage would be lame.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just the Defenders characters themselves or the supporting casts too?

I don't really care about Danny Rand but recasting Luke Cage would be lame.

Don't know... Michael Colter was okay as Luke Cage but I really feel like they could have done better. Both he and Simone Missick who played Misty Knight have moved on to other shows on CBS now.

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't know... Michael Colter was okay as Luke Cage but I really feel like they could have done better. Both he and Simone Missick who played Misty Knight have moved on to other shows on CBS now.

But Cox, Ritter, and Bernthal are all available/not tied up with anything else???

Just now, Jason said:

But Cox, Ritter, and Bernthal are all available???

I'm sure they are working, but they don't have actual series commtiments to my knowledge. Pretty sure they've already been informed that Marvel wants to keep working with them. Cox' Daredevil is rumored to be in the next Spiderman movie for instance... not sure how true that is though.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm sure they are working, but they don't have actual series commtiments to my knowledge. Pretty sure they've already been informed that Marvel wants to keep working with them. Cox' Daredevil is rumored to be in the next Spiderman movie for instance... not sure how true that is though.

He's also rumored to be in She Hulk, but I don't know how much of that is wishful thinking and how much is real. The Spider-Man rumor was that he's representing Peter Parker in some trial or something, but that would make a whole lot more sense for She Hulk.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

He's also rumored to be in She Hulk, but I don't know how much of that is wishful thinking and how much is real. The Spider-Man rumor was that he's representing Peter Parker in some trial or something, but that would make a whole lot more sense for She Hulk.

Isn't She-Hulk a lawyer?

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So has Daredevil... Peter is MUCH closer to Daredevil in the comics than She-Hulk. They even know each other's secret I.D.'s.

I remembered them being buds, but I had completely forgotten he represented Peter in court. She Hulk just screams more repping heroes in court to me. That said 12yo Tom Holland and Netflix Daredevil would be very strange buddies, even if they get to share a rivalry with Fisk.

That reminds me. There MCU really needs a good villain like Fisk or Osborn. If love there to be an always around villain that never really enters supervillain territory. I guess that's Zemo for now, but let's see what Julia Louis Dreyfus does.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It definitely seems more serious, focusing on his abuse growing up. It's like: "welcome to Asian families". :p 

I don't know that it's more serious....but what it is is more Marvel. That first trailer could have been for any martial arts flick, this one had a distinct hey you're in the marvel universe feel.

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I don't know that it's more serious....but what it is is more Marvel. That first trailer could have been for any martial arts flick, this one had a distinct hey you're in the marvel universe feel.

I mean, yeah, it's definitely still also a Marvel movie. But it feels fresher than Black Widow's trailers (still interested in seeing that too, to be fair). 

It doesn't look like The Mandarin's ten rings give him the same differing powers they give him in the comics, at least it doesn't look like it from the trailers. I hope they're not avoiding individual powers for each ring because they think it would be too similar to Thanos. They're already arm bracelets instead of finger rings for example... 

4 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Not Fin Fang Foom, it's the Great Protector...hard to keep it a secret when there are already lego sets and funko pops of him 

It's a secret to me when I don't look at that shit. 

Seriously movie studios need to do something about toys ruining character reveals for movies. I get they need to get merchandise out, but there needs to be a better way. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

It's a secret to me when I don't look at that shit. 

I don't either...well I always check out the lego sets when I am down at Disney, but twitter was overflowing with people talking about the new trailer and picking it apart and then people were posting pics of the lego and funko things 

• Pikachu changed the title to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (03 September 2021) - Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Official Trailer!)