The Very Stable Genius calls US defense spending ‘crazy!’ months after signing bill to increase it

Every time I feel like I have even the most vague grasp on his insanity, something comes out of left field. Not that lowering defense spending is insanity, but it's pretty directly opposed to his party's position and all of his own rhetoric on the subject.

You know who else has been complaining about the DoD's budget on Twitter latey? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

It's because we spent too much money on all these internal combustion engines instead of steam engines! 

We shouldn't be wasting all that money on the digital!

I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, “What system are you going to be—” “Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said, “No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/trump-wants-goddamned-steam-not-digital-catapults-on-aircraft-carriers/526386/

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

He can both vote to increase spending to keep up with the arms race and think defense spending is crazy overall. 

Because Trump is such a well-known source of thoughtful, nuanced opinions, and NEVER randomly does complete 180s on things.