Dice & Nvidia Improve Ray Tracing by 50% in BFV, 60fps at 1440P on 2080ti!

Mr.Vic20

Optimizing, optimizing, optimizing! 

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-dice-battlefield-v-game-ready-driver-50-percent-performance-improvement/

This is a good news as it means that most players will have at least a solid experience with these new features as RTX implementation continues to mature. This is now officially "not bad" for a first generation run at hybrid tray tracing! :sun:

Edit:

New game ready drivers are now available to support this improvement! 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Which means if Dice had dlss they could probably make it “4k” with rtx! The two really need to be together. Supposedly Tomb Raider has both of that ever happens, so I’m quite curious how that turns out. I think DLSS like in the FF benchmark combined with rtx could be a good sweet spot for this first go around.

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

Which means if Dice had dlss they could probably make it “4k” with rtx! The two really need to be together. Supposedly Tomb Raider has both of that ever happens, so I’m quite curious how that turns out. I think DLSS like in the FF benchmark combined with rtx could be a good sweet spot for this first go around.

Yup, With both of these features matured I think they might just get there! It should be an interesting year ahead! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

If I'm reading this right (I'll confirm this all tonight) then the 4K performance has jumped 100%! :shock:

This is native 4K right? I'm curious if they can use DLSS for 4K + ray tracing if it will be closer to 60. Problem is the DLSS and Raytracing will start competing for tensor cores, although they would get run at different phases anyway, so maybe that's not an issue?

2 minutes ago, legend said:

This is native 4K right? I'm curious if they can use DLSS for 4K + ray tracing if it will be closer to 60. Problem is the DLSS and Raytracing will start competing for tensor cores, although they would get run at different phases anyway, so maybe that's not an issue?

It is indeed native 4K. Outside of the Final Fantasy XV benchmark, there is no DLSS implementation available as of yet. That said, I am really hoping that DLSS and variable Shading will indeed help to offset the cost of Ray Tracing. Even so, 40FPS, if true, is a pretty damn respectable out put for a first generation change in rendering and I am greatly encouraged by this update! It seems implementation is maturing at a quick rate, but perhaps adoption will be its great challenge?  

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It is indeed native 4K. Outside of the Final Fantasy XV benchmark, there is no DLSS implementation available as of yet. That said, I am really hoping that DLSS and variable Shading will indeed help to offset the cost of Ray Tracing. Even so, 40FPS, if true, is a pretty damn respectable out put for a first generation change in rendering and I am greatly encouraged by this update! It seems implementation is maturing at a quick rate, but perhaps adoption will be its great challenge?  

Yeah adoption is my biggest concern about whether this tech gets stifled. Fingers crossed! I will be doing my part sometime (early I hope) next year building a new PC with an RTX card.

25 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Off BFV. 50% off on a RTX would make even me consider jumping ship to Nvidia. (God I can't believe I typed that may the ghost of ATI forgive me)

Lol

I'm in BF1 right now, but I don't see any link to a discount on V. 

54 minutes ago, Brick said:

A solid sixty frames per second makes my e-penis hard. 

What's DLSS? 

Deep Learning Super Sampling. It’s a technique by which a lower quality render is raised to a higher quality render via rendering applied by the AI in an intelligent and dynamic manner. This technique is part of the RTX feature set. Think of it as a really advanced version of checkerboard rendering. It has the potential to reduce the cost of rendering in 1440p and an 4K and free up the GPU to better tackle the added cost of Ray Tracing. 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

If the FF15 benchmark is standard as to what DLSS will achieve it should be huge as long as new games start supporting it on release next year. It’s not a small gain, it’s like 20-25fps depending on what settings I used.

Yup! This plus matured ray tracing means we might be dangerously close to having 4K/60 with RTX this gen! *

*not counting Ubisoft games. Never expect Ubisoft games to run well for several months after release if ever. 

38 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yup! This plus matured ray tracing means we might be dangerously close to having 4K/60 with RTX this gen! *

*not counting Ubisoft games. Never expect Ubisoft games to run well for several months after release if ever. 

Hoping ubi just does DLSS, I wouldn’t even want to see how rtx would perform lol. But the exciting thing for ubigame is they could actually run at 4k/60 easily with DLSS!

• Haha 1

Just tried it, and yeah not damn at that 4k boost! I was probably averaging around 45 (I have mine ocd tho) in what has been the roughest part in my testing which is the opening of the first war story in autumn. I did notice some dips there from 60 but it was mostly 60 still and the other maps/stories I tried weren’t as demanding so it looks like they hit their mark!

I think i might actually play the sp in 4k with rtx on,  and be okay with the mid 40’s because my God it’s stunning!

7 hours ago, stepee said:

Just tried it, and yeah not damn at that 4k boost! I was probably averaging around 45 (I have mine ocd tho) in what has been the roughest part in my testing which is the opening of the first war story in autumn. I did notice some dips there from 60 but it was mostly 60 still and the other maps/stories I tried weren’t as demanding so it looks like they hit their mark!

I think i might actually play the sp in 4k with rtx on,  and be okay with the mid 40’s because my God it’s stunning!

I'm not gonna lie, I played most of the campaign in 4K/RTX before the patch! :lol: It was the most beautiful "console like" experience I've had in some time! :p

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Do you have a VRR display? I can't fucking stand the microstutter from framerates that are between 60 and 30. As bad as 30 is, I prefer a locked 30 to a microstuttering 45.

10 hours ago, legend said:

Do you have a VRR display? I can't fucking stand the microstutter from framerates that are between 60 and 30. As bad as 30 is, I prefer a locked 30 to a microstuttering 45.

Na, I only play on tv, hoping those comes out next year and nvidia adds support (lol). But for some reason it didn’t seem to bother me in BF5, could be I was too busy looking at all the pretty and will end up doing a 30fps lock on it for sp. 

• Like 1