Jump to content
SaysWho?

~*Official 2020 Candidates Thread*~

Recommended Posts

“How do you do, fellow kids?” is always what comes to mind with politicians and their social media accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Dodger said:

Seems like there is a middle ground between not giving out opioids for dental appointments and giving them to people in actual serious pain with shattered bones or whatever.

 

the first time I had a root canal over 15 years ago they gave me Vicodin. I could barely work the next couple days. Now you just get ibuprofen 800 which is much more reasonable.

The only time I had Vicodin was when I had my wisdom teeth out. Ngl that shit was nice. Kinda scares me because taking it for a few days made me realize how easy it is to get hooked on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

 

Back when I was in college I took an intro film history class and each week covered a different decade. The last 5 minutes of the class featured the professor showing a clip from a famous movie of the decade.

 

For 70s week he showed the, ahem, climax of Deep Throat. Let me tell you, watching porn in dimly lit room with a bunch of strangers including a 50+ year old woman sitting right next to me was certainly one of the more awkward moments of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

 

 

What Abrams and Gillum are doing rules, and it would be far better if Beto did the same in Texas, but casting the issue this way is ridiculous. Politicians run after losses all the time, and much like no one should think much of Beto running now, I wouldn't think twice about Abrams or Gillum running either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

 

What Abrams and Gillum are doing rules, and it would be far better if Beto did the same in Texas, but casting the issue this way is ridiculous. Politicians run after losses all the time, and much like no one should think much of Beto running now, I wouldn't think twice about Abrams or Gillum running either.

 

Robert Francis also didn’t narrowly lose in a race that could have easily swung his way had there not been extensive voter suppression efforts happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of another thing that would happen under a national popular vote for president--money would flow from the national political parties into the state parties to organize and sign voters up, get out the vote, etc within each state.

 

This is something that Beto should really have been pushed to do if you want to truly make Texas purple, and like gillium and Abrams are doing now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably Bidens best shot at winning. And hell, if Abrams is VP (setting her up for 2024) I'd be on board with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Biden announces a Biden-Abrams ticket right out of the gate, as well as a promise to only do one term (even though we know he will run for a second), then I think it would be very hard for anyone else to challenge him. If the field was only 3 or 4 other people then it's possible that Sanders could take him on, but with 45+ other contenders...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side question - what happens if someone old like Biden wins the nomination but dies before the general? Is his name still on the ballot, and then Abrams just becomes President and then can appoint/nominate a new VP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Side question - what happens if someone old like Biden wins the nomination but dies before the general? Is his name still on the ballot, and then Abrams just becomes President and then can appoint/nominate a new VP?

 

I don't know for sure. But I'd imagine that there would be an emergency convention and they'd have all the delegates vote again. And they'd likely vote for the VP nom to take over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

 

Back when I was in college I took an intro film history class and each week covered a different decade. The last 5 minutes of the class featured the professor showing a clip from a famous movie of the decade.

 

For 70s week he showed the, ahem, climax of Deep Throat. Let me tell you, watching porn in dimly lit room with a bunch of strangers including a 50+ year old woman sitting right next to me was certainly one of the more awkward moments of my life.

 

It sounds like he just wanted to make his class watch porn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Side question - what happens if someone old like Biden wins the nomination but dies before the general? Is his name still on the ballot, and then Abrams just becomes President and then can appoint/nominate a new VP?

He'd stay on the ballot and if that ticket wins the VP becomes "Vice President Elect" and then President once sworn in automatically. The new "Vice President Elect" could in theory ask the Electoral College to name her as President and her choice as VP but that's Constitutionally iffy. Cleaner way would be to formally nominate a VP once in office and have the VP nominee to go through House and Senate confirmation.

 

Before election day I imagine the candidate would name an unofficial running mate, that person might have to be voted on by the delegates depending on Party bylaws, but State ballot laws and the Constitution trump Party rules so the candidate could ignore the party completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Side question - what happens if someone old like Biden wins the nomination but dies before the general? Is his name still on the ballot, and then Abrams just becomes President and then can appoint/nominate a new VP?

 

Typically the dead person on the ballot would remain and a replacement would be designated officially after winning, and announced unofficially before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Amazatron said:

I'm going to keep plugging Buttigieg because he is extremely articulate, rational, and understands the underlying issues better than any candidate I've seen.

 

 

 

I’m not ready for the amount of homophobia that is going to be kicked up if he ends up making it far as a candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

 

I’m not ready for the amount of homophobia that is going to be kicked up if he ends up making it far as a candidate.

I am, bring the bigots out to show their true colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete seems genuine in a way that I find refreshing.Not in a “guy I’d like to have a beer with” sense, more so that he isn’t simply sticking his finger up in the air to feel which way the wind is blowing on a given issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Pete seems genuine in a way that I find refreshing.Not in a “guy I’d like to have a beer with” sense, more so that he isn’t simply sticking his finger up in the air to feel which way the wind is blowing on a given issue.

 

I think a part of that is because he knows he won't (and can't) win. But that could actually help him win (or do better). It's like when someone who is hot doesn't know that they are hot...it makes them more hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

 

Are you by any chance straight?

Fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, it's pretty easy to forget about someone who only joins the party when he wants an easier path to the Presidency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

 

Are you by any chance straight?

I am, fair point. 

 

That said, I suspect we already know who these people are based on their support for so called “religious freedom”. I wouldn’t be (and am not) looking forward to the openly homophobic slurs that they no doubt will sling at my LGBT friends and family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...