SaysWho?

~*Official 2020 Candidates Thread*~

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Iirc NV is using some form of ranked choice so this should be interesting

Edit: early voting only it seems

Bloomberg securing the Democratic nomination would represent the final triumph of oligarchism in the American political system.

There will be no going back at that point.

51 minutes ago, Jose said:

They sound fairly crazy tbh, but this isn't an anti-Bernie thing. As sblfilms said, they just want to get pro-choice women elected.

Oh, geez, they support the candidate who does worse in the general. :p

39 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This is interesting. Is Biden in Nevada campaigning? I'm sure he's in the Nevada debate.

51 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Bloomberg securing the Democratic nomination would represent the final triumph of oligarchism in the American political system.

There will be no going back at that point.

Not looking forward to President Bezos or very definitely President Zuckerberg? The best thing Trump did for these guys was prove you don't really have to divest yourself of anything because it's not actually against the law, and even if it was, who cares when you control the DOJ.

It's no surprise De Blasio endorsed Bernie - he's not perfect, but he does consider himself a progressive. I'm glad for the major endorsement regardless, and I love that it snubs Bloomberg at the same time.

Washington Post goes in-depth on allegations of sexism from Michael Bloomberg the past several decades

Garrison complaint
18. Upon information and belief, in 1989, when a male Company salesperson was getting married, Bloomberg said to the female salespeople, “All of you girls line up to give him [oral sex] as a wedding present.” He repeated like words on several occasions in each of the years plaintiff was employed at the Company.

Several lawsuits have been filed over the years alleging that women were discriminated against at Bloomberg’s business-information company, including a case brought by a federal agency and one filed by a former employee, who blamed Bloomberg for creating a culture of sexual harassment and degradation.

A number of the cases have either been settled, dismissed in Bloomberg’s favor or closed because of a failure of the plaintiff to meet filing deadlines. The cases do not involve accusations of inappropriate sexual conduct; the allegations have centered around what Bloomberg has said and about the workplace culture he fostered.

One of Bloomberg’s rivals for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, said in December at an Iowa campaign stop that nondisclosure agreements are “a way for people to hide bad things they’ve done.” She called on Bloomberg to release women from such agreements.

Asked while campaigning to respond, Bloomberg said: “Maybe the senator should worry about herself and I’ll focus on myself.” He acknowledged enforcing nondisclosure agreements by his former employees and said, “You can’t just walk away from it. They’re legal agreements, and for all I know the other side wouldn’t want to get out of it.”

Garrison alleged that Bloomberg berated female employees who got pregnant. “What the hell did you do a thing like that for?” Bloomberg allegedly told one pregnant employee. On another occasion, the lawsuit said, Bloomberg berated a female employee who had trouble finding a nanny. “It’s a f------ baby! . . . All you need is some black who doesn’t have to speak English to rescue it from a burning building.”

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Image result for bernie or pete charger meme

Whoever did this should have put, "Okay, yeah. Good," for Bernie just cuz. Now I'm irrationally angry.

Also:

blog_bloomberg_curve-1.jpg

The oppo is so strong on Bloomberg that if he overcomes it, it will be absolute proof that the only thing that matters is ad spending. I mean, he's on camera openly admitting that black and brown males are bad people, disrespecting trans people, saying that lending money to black people helped cause the 2008 recession, etc. If he was running for the GOP that would help, but if he can win the Dem nomination with that info out there...

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also:

blog_bloomberg_curve-1.jpg

The oppo is so strong on Bloomberg that if he overcomes it, it will be absolute proof that the only thing that matters is ad spending. I mean, he's on camera openly admitting that black and brown males are bad people, disrespecting trans people, saying that lending money to black people helped cause the 2008 recession, etc. If he was running for the GOP that would help, but if he can win the Dem nomination with that info out there...

To be fair, his ads are extremely misleading so that's helping him when uncontested

Also, the media's obsessed with him, but at least some of that is grilling him.

Hours after Bloomberg released an ad saying he was an LGBT ally, a 2019 video surfaced of him calling transgender people "some guy wearing a dress" and "it"

And yet, Bloomberg’s campaign published a new video on Tuesday that pledged the former New York City mayor believed in “inclusivity” for “LGBTQ+ youth,” featuring fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi declaring, “Mike is so incredibly sensitive to this issue.”

Bloomberg’s sensitivity was far less apparent at a forum hosted by the Bermuda Business Development Agency on March 21, 2019, in Manhattan, where Bloomberg derided Democratic candidates for talking about transgender protections.

“If your conversation during a presidential election is about some guy wearing a dress and whether he, she, or it can go to the locker room with their daughter, that’s not a winning formula for most people,” he said.

Bloomberg and Obama: A more 'complicated' relationship than the ads suggest. The ex-New York mayor is spending millions on TV to tie himself to the popular former president. Here's the rest of the story.

Bloomberg waited until the last week of the 2012 presidential race to back Obama's re-election over Republican Mitt Romney, and his op-ed doing so included as much criticism as it did praise.

Jon Favreau, Obama's former top speechwriter, who co-hosts the popular podcast "Pod Save America" with Vietor, replied, "I'm old enough to remember being fairly annoyed by it when the endorsement was published."

Once Obama was in office, the mayor helped lobby undecided senators, including Republican Susan Collins of Maine, on health care reform, but he ended up with a dim view of the Affordable Care Act after it passed, calling it a "disgrace."

But Bloomberg also criticized Obama for failing at "developing and sustaining a coalition of centrists," a mistake that Bloomberg said had "doomed hope for any real progress on illegal guns, immigration, tax reform, job creation and deficit reduction."

"And, rather than uniting the country around a message of shared sacrifice," Bloomberg added, "he engaged in partisan attacks and has embraced a divisive populist agenda focused more on redistributing income than creating it."

During Obama's second term, Bloomberg vocally opposed the president's signature foreign policy initiative, the Iran nuclear deal, and later downplayed his other major global accomplishment, the Paris Climate Accords.

This is while Bloomberg runs ads calling Obama a great president.

Also in that last story, I hope Biden is an attack dog tonight:

Still, Bloomberg's embrace of Obama has frustrated no one more than Biden, whose campaign is largely built around his close relationship and partnership with his former boss.

"He wouldn't even endorse Barack in 2008. He wouldn't endorse him," Biden lamented Sunday on NBC News' "Meet the Press." "You know, he endorsed Bush. He endorsed, you know, the Republican before that. All of a sudden, he's his best buddy."

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

If Sanders wins more than Bloomberg on super Tuesday then I think Sanders will get the nomination.

He almost assuredly will get more delegates than any other candidate, but I doubt it ends there. 

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m ready for Warren to take Bloomberg’s scalp tonight.

RACIST :|

38 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m ready for Warren to take Bloomberg’s scalp tonight.

Fuck, I laughed hard at this.