Jump to content
SaysWho?

~*Official 2020 Candidates Thread*~

Recommended Posts

I don't get it. Neck up? Bloomberg should just call him a fatass who leans forward when he's standing up to hide his gut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

When did Williamson drop out?

 

 

That's like the old joke about the enlightened Buddhist that goes up to a hot dog vender and says, ""Make me one with everything.".

 

 

When did Williamson drop out? Time is meaningless and her state of being has been and always will be both in and out of the race at all times. Also, buy suppliments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

I don't get it. Neck up? Bloomberg should just call him a fatass who leans forward when he's standing up to hide his gut.


Neck up is a reference to smarts I assume. And considering Trump needs to snort adderall just to be able to send a tweet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MarSolo said:


Neck up is a reference to smarts I assume. And considering Trump needs to snort adderall just to be able to send a tweet...

It is a reference to intelligence, but it makes zero sense in the context of height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any union against M4A is a corrupt one, Healthcare is the biggest pain in the ass every contract negotiation. I wish we could just focus on pay raises and retirement issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

The corrupting influence of billionaire money. No one should have this much wealth

They’re not totally wrong.  Bernie is the closest you get to the ‘Trump of the left’.  He’s just less xenophobic in his populist nationalism, and (so far as we know atm) less of a misogynistic, morally bankrupt  piece of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

They’re not totally wrong.  Bernie is the closest you get to the ‘Trump of the left’.  He’s just less xenophobic in his populist nationalism, and (so far as we know atm) less of a misogynistic, morally bankrupt  piece of shit.

It's from a pro choice group trying to say that Trump and Bernie are the same with regard to abortion. Bernie has a damn near spotless record on abortion rights. This is a bad take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But like the ad doesn't talk about Bernie's abortion views? The subject of the ad has nothing to do with abortion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jose said:

But like the ad doesn't talk about Bernie's abortion views? The subject of the ad has nothing to do with abortion?

I still have not been able to find the actual ad, but if it's not about abortion, why is an abortion rights advocacy group attacking Bernie about non abortion things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What is bullshit? They confirmed they are working on an attack ad.

 

 

Well it would have been helpful to lead with this. The whole thing seemed so weird and fake. Why would a pro-choice group attack a pro-choice candidate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't lead with something that came out three hours later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jose said:

 

Well it would have been helpful to lead with this. The whole thing seemed so weird and fake. Why would a pro-choice group attack a pro-choice candidate? 

And check out their Twitter banner, two Clinton's:

 

Check out EMILY's List (@emilyslist): https://twitter.com/emilyslist?s=09

 

They're closely aligned with the Clinton/establishment camp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, as a Democratic voter, it sucks that I have to choose between a candidate whose campaign sees Hillary Clinton in every shadow or a billionaire. Almost definitely going with the former, but I ain't pleased about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I still have not been able to find the actual ad, but if it's not about abortion, why is an abortion rights advocacy group attacking Bernie about non abortion things?

Emily’s list isn’t just an abortion rights advocacy group, their goal is more specifically to get pro choice female Democrats elected to office. In a primary that currently still has two such candidates, they will garner support before the male candidates.


Obviously in a general election Emily’s List would prefer any of the Dem candidates over Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Emily’s list isn’t just an abortion rights advocacy group, their goal is more specifically to get pro choice female Democrats elected to office. In a primary that currently still has two such candidates, they will garner support before the male candidates.


Obviously in a general election Emily’s List would prefer any of the Dem candidates over Trump.

So equivocating a great pro choice candidate with Trump is a good idea.

 

You can't conflate a prochoice Dem with Trump, then go back and say "oops turns out they're not the same" in the general should he get the nomination. It's absurd to the point of unseriousness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So equivocating a great pro choice candidate with Trump is a good idea.

 

You can't conflate a prochoice Dem with Trump, then go back and say "oops turns out they're not the same" in the general should he get the nomination. It's absurd to the point of unseriousness


You certainly can and such things happen literally every election cycle :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sblfilms said:


You certainly can and such things happen literally every election cycle :p 

It's one thing for some dumbass on the internet (read: me) does it with an audience of you people. It another for a prominent pro choice group to say one of the best pro choice senators is the same as Donald goddamn Trump on abortion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up.

 

When was a pro-choice Democrat equated to the Republican presidential nominee in the past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They sound fairly crazy tbh, but this isn't an anti-Bernie thing. As sblfilms said, they just want to get pro-choice women elected.

 

Quote

EMILY’s List has faced criticisms for using divisive tactics and supporting female candidates in primary elections.[7] The most notable example of this was in 2008 when EMILY’s List signed on early to support Hillary Clinton’s campaign and proceeded to criticize Barack Obama and feuded with other pro-abortion groups for endorsing him.[8] As reporters for National Journal put it, “EMILY’s List had a lot riding on Hillary Clinton’s 2008 candidacy” and her “defeat [called] into question the very core of EMILY’s List’s strategy.”[9]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...