Jump to content
SaysWho?

~*Official 2020 Candidates Thread*~

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

 

haha

Quote

Caban’s platform marks a departure from the traditional “tough on crime” stance that many liberals have abandoned in recent years. She has said she wants to stop incarcerating poor people which includes not prosecuting pimps and prostitutes, people avoiding subway fares, recreational drug-related crimes, or resisting arrest crimes and achieving a “population zero” in the city’s prisons. Her views are shaped by her time as a public defender, telling Jacobin Magazine that she witnessed a system that had “taken public health issues and punted them to a criminal justice system”.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/tiffany-caban/

Pimpin ain't easy when you gotta pimp slap those hos. Pimpin underage woman ain't nothing but making that chedda. Who cares if a lot of them are abused? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John said:

Pimpin ain't easy when you gotta pimp slap those hos. Pimpin underage woman ain't nothing but making that chedda. Who cares if a lot of them are abused? 

 

Why are you trying to appeal to my emotions? Do you think I'm an idiot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

 

Why are you trying to appeal to my emotions? Do you think I'm an idiot?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Yes, I have patronized some of those places.

 

As have I. :p The Sweetgreens mentioned is attached to my old gym. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

He actually says “some” not “just”, and he is correct. Many cities with black leadership actually moved to terminate busing for exactly that reason. It was a noble idea but a failed policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

Oh boy, I wonder if Ben has any thoughts on how those communities were formed in the three decades prior to forced bussing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna crosspost this stuff here dealing with polling post-debate:

 

10 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Biden was impacted. Harris and Warren took some of his support after the debates.

 

58 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Some more numbers comparing favorability/unfavorability ratings before and after the debates:

 

vMTlCa7.jpg

 

ijRLsTB.jpg

 

50 minutes ago, Jose said:

MorningConsult has the first post-debate poll. Biggest bump by far was Kamala Harris. The debate didn't do for Castro what I hoped it would. Let's see what the rest of this week's polls say.

 

Linky

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

So he's jumping from one sinking ship to another.

Safest thing to do in politics, if it turns around you're the hero, if not you tried to save a sinking ship but it sunk anyway, not your fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

 

Denies reality and surrounds himself with loyalists. Perfect guy to take on Trump

 

 

9E45E483A2FF44327EB18DD1815701ECDBC55794

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

 

Biden's bleeding. 

All caveats aside, this data should be at least somewhat concerning for Warren's camp.

 

If the current trajectory holds (and that's a HUGE "if", of course), it really does mean that she will have to bleed both Biden and Sanders for white votes to compensate for her relative weakness with African-Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

 

 

Any linky/picture of a pre-debate poll for comparison purposes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New poll! Castro finally got his bump. He needs to keep it up in future debates. 

 

Also, seems like the Harris bump might have been overstated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Any linky/picture of a pre-debate poll for comparison purposes?

Nothing that I could find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jose said:

New poll! Castro finally got his bump. He needs to keep it up in future debates. 

 

Also, seems like the Harris bump might have been overstated.

 

And yet another poll shows big gains for Warren and Harris:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

And yet another poll shows big gains for Warren and Harris:

 

 

 

That was an online survey.  Not as rigorous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The sooner we get to the top ~5 candidates the better

 

Marianne or bust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

All caveats aside, this data should be at least somewhat concerning for Warren's camp.

 

If the current trajectory holds (and that's a HUGE "if", of course), it really does mean that she will have to bleed both Biden and Sanders for white votes to compensate for her relative weakness with African-Americans.

 

that was my take away too, when Bernie is doing 4x better than you with black voters you have a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...