~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
SaysWho?

~*Official 2020 Candidates Thread*~

Democrats and Republicans collude to keep third party candidates off the debate stage 

"Haha what losers!" 

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gary Johnson must have been awful because he lost to both.

He was definitely a better person and politician than Trump.  Clinton was a better politician than both of them.

But just think, if Trump and Clinton had let Johnson in the debates (because they controlled who was invited), then Clinton would likely be President today.  So she's a doubly horrible candidate. 

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Democrats and Republicans collude to keep third party candidates off the debate stage 

"Haha what losers!" 

lol right, that’s what did him in

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

lol right, that’s what did him in

It's what did Hillary in, though.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

It's what did Hillary in, though.

How

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

How

As much of a goofy doof as Johnson was, he did appeal to a lot of conservatives who didn't like Trump.  If Johnson had received more exposure through the debates, he likely would have siphoned more votes from Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump's margin of victory in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania was razor thin.  Defection of just a percent or two of Trump voters towards Johnson would have given Clinton the election. 

14 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

As much of a goofy doof as Johnson was, he did appeal to a lot of conservatives who didn't like Trump.  If Johnson had received more exposure through the debates, he likely would have siphoned more votes from Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump's margin of victory in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania was razor thin.  Defection of just a percent or two of Trump voters towards Johnson would have given Clinton the election. 

He was attracting a lot of Democrats, yo. Or people who would have otherwise voted for Hillary because Trump scared them shitless (check out the video of Penn Jillette vote-swapping once polls tightened in November).

Johnson's VP was basically campaigning for Hillary at the end.

I forget shes one of my senators, honestly have no idea why anyone would vote for her for president, shes completely forgettable.

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I forget shes one of my senators, honestly have no idea why anyone would vote for her for president, shes completely forgettable.

She's been one of the least forgettable for me, honestly. When she was first selected to fill Clinton's seat, her coming in as a Blue Dog annoyed me because New York should be an easy place to be progressive.

Then once they got into the 2010 lame duck session, she was big on making the 9/11 first responders bill visible (and the GOP not making it a priority when all they do is puff their chest out and chant rah rah America really irritated me), as well as DADT repeal. I then remember her tackling sexual assault in the military years later, imo being the most vocal of anyone in the Senate at the time. She tacked to the left on a lot of issues once she moved to represent NY as a whole, and she has one of the more Democratic voting records in the Senate. I think she even came out on abolishing ICE before most other Senators did, including the progressive wing.

Of the more normal picks (aka not outside the box like a Sanders), I like her as one of the best, but my gripe is even asking around on Wall Street for anything related to an upcoming 2020 campaign. Her Senate career's been pretty good overall considering how she began.

14 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'd say Johnson took more votes from Hillary than Trump and always would have.

11 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Gillibrand kicked the SNL guy out of the senate so it’s hard to not like her

This really shows how you don't understand actual policy issues.

18 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Gillibrand kicked the SNL guy out of the senate so it’s hard to not like her

If you were actually the rabid lefty you post as you'd hate Gillibrand for running Franken out of the Senate.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you were actually the rabid lefty you post as you'd hate Gillibrand for running Franken out of the Senate.

Um, I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

This really shows how you don't understand actual policy issues.

Haha owned!

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Um, I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

:shrug:

She seems like a good candidate. An underdog, sure, but with a wide open field, you can make inroads.

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Didn’t she call Trump a pussy?

"America First doesn't mean being Saudis bitch."

She will murder Trump in a debate.