Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm also going to add that what is moderate or extreme is either a media creation or the media going along with what cones out of a Republican's mouth. If you believe that the entire spectrum is tilted right in America, then you don't believe that the center is a true center.

There is no center. Thats why I said we need a third party, one not based on ideology, one that uses science, research, and evidence to find out whats best for the country. The problem is that you guys expect those of us who don't agree with either to still choose a side. Hell, liberals are still blaming Libertarians for the loss of horrible candidates like Gore and Clinton, instead of themselves for running bad candidates. You actively campaign against a third party because you are afraid that liberals can't win if there are more than two. You are terrified to even allow libertarians to debate with the dems and GOP (and the pushback comes from the left). The two party system is broken on both sides. 

10 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

There is no center. Thats why I said we need a third party, one not based on ideology, one that uses science, research, and evidence to find out whats best for the country. The problem is that you guys expect those of us who don't agree with either to still choose a side. Hell, liberals are still blaming Libertarians for the loss of horrible candidates like Gore and Clinton, instead of themselves for running bad candidates. You actively campaign against a third party because you are afraid that liberals can't win if there are more than two. You are terrified to even allow libertarians to debate with the dems and GOP (and the pushback comes from the left). The two party system is broken on both sides. 

Science shows that if you have less guns in a country, less people die. So would you support removing the 2nd? Or does your loyalty to an ancient document overrule science?

That is why you can't have a party not based on ideology. 

35 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

We have a "two party" system largely because of the consequences of our political system and means of voting. Although no actual political system in the real world is ever as simple as the mathematical models in which theory is developed, it's widely established that the effect of these systems producing two parties tends to happen in practice.

Given the knowledge we have at election time about the general population, voting for a third party is an objectively bad strategy. Since you're a proponent of science and (presumably) math, I urge to vote strategically and rationally, given the system and information we have. That means voting for the party of the two major ones that best upholds your interests.

Simultaneously, if you'd like us to break free of this system, I'd encourage you to explore and promote changes to our fundamental systems that are more compatible with a larger set of choices. If we can do that, then the rational choice at voting time might change.

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

BoTh SiDeS

You called yourself a centrist. Now you say there's no center. At least we're making progress because you are not center. 

A major party with your ideology (which thinks Gabbard was developing a centrist platform lol) would be BoTh SiDeD even more because it's really terrible and doesn't make sense. There's nothing magical about third parties. They suck. Third parties debate in many smaller races and never make traction because nobody actually likes them.

4 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Fucking same! 

You need to to go back on vacation!  Take a break man.  

You're the one losing it right now. You're one of the most extreme, pedantic dudes and wanted Bernie to win and want to listen to Rogan. You have no place to say someone else is crazy, especially since if you disagree with me ITT specifically, you're probably an extremist and a bit dim.

• Haha 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

You're the one losing it right now. You're one of the most extreme, pedantic dudes and wanted Bernie to win and want to listen to Rogan. You have no place to say someone else is crazy, especially since if you disagree with me ITT specifically, you're probably an extremist and a bit dim.

Wow!  Dude this is what I’m talking about. Look at you attacking me.  Fucking crazy!  What a time to be alive. 

Hey, I’ll still hug you at the end of the day, but man, calm down a bit. 

Also, Bernie would have won!

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

Wow!  Dude this is what I’m talking about. Look at you attacking me.  Fucking crazy!  What a time to be alive. 

Hey, I’ll still hug you at the end of the day, but man, calm down a bit. 

Also, Bernie would have won!

I'm calmly attacking you and I feel great. Just be less annoying, pedantic and dishonest and less people would be on your case.

That's the last I respond to you because you're not worth the effort.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You're one of the most extreme, pedantic dudes and wanted Bernie to win and want to listen to Rogan.

This language specifically, is just crazy talk.  Fuck the hate and rage you are replying with right now is seriously crazy.  Dude, I love you man, but calm it down a little. Actually take a vacation when you’re on vacation.  Turn off the Social media for a couple days.  Connect with other humans and remember we are all just trying to figure this experiment out.

“YOU WANTED BERNIE TO WIN AND YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO JOE ROGAN”.   HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!  

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

trump is in trouble now 

RIM SHOT! Also for the record, it's not the political left that is afraid of contrasting ideas because science and common sense often supports their positions. The Right has ALWAYS thrived in an echo chamber that downplayed dissent and was afraid of contrasting ideas. The notion that it is the intellectual left that is afraid of debate is a joke.