Cloud gaming console

Remarkableriots

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-next-gaming-console-will-be-a-cloud-gaming-console/

Tech company Shadow wants to pull off the ultimate gamer magic trick, giving you all the power of a high-end gaming PC without the hardware. In an interview with GamesRadar+, the president and CEO of the company Emmanuel Freund explained why you should bet on the the next generation of consoles being powered by the cloud. 

"The future of gaming, and the future of humanity of course, is the cloud," he says. "The next gaming console will be a cloud gaming console."

Freund also believes that the cloud can make gaming accessible to more people. 

"Normally video games are the cheapest entertainment ever. You’re paying 50 bucks to play a game for 100 hours or 1000 hours," he explains. "So it’s the cheapest entertainment ever but to get access to this entertainment you need to buy a $400 console or a $1000 - or even more - PC. So it’s actually diminishes by a lot the kind of people who can access this kind of entertainment."

$35 a month plus at least a 50MB connection just to do "4k" thats overly compressed,data caps for some could be an issue,lag,MP games will never happen,someone else in the house decided to watch Netflix and there goes "4K" not to mention you are remotely logging into a PC and supplying that PC with your Steam,Uplay, whatever with your credentials. This shit needs to die.

Or just take the money you save on a slower connection and with $35 you would spend a month and buy a damn console.

I have used one of the new streaming services, and they aren't that great.

1)  They claimed to be 1080p/60 - but it looked blurry to me, and frame rate didn't seem to be a consistent 60 (felt like less than 60 on pans)

2)  Lag was better than I expected, but still noticeable

3)  Because you can't buffer video, every hiccup in my internet resulted in macroblocking

4) Sound was mono

5)  Basically required a wired ethernet connection, when I switched to Wi-Fi quality was terrible

6) Required 25Mbps for a 1080p/60 stream, I guess it would require 100Mpbs for a 4k/60?

This assumes that I am the ONLY one doing anything on the internet.  (i.e. no one else in my family is streaming anything).  And I can only imagine what this would do to my data cap...

Didn't realize that Eurogamer did an assessment of a streaming service this morning:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-project-stream-first-look-assassins-creed-odyssey-analysis

Apparently even though the stream was 60fps, it was only rendering 30fps.  Confirms the bad lag...  (Although, surprisingly the highlight lots of lag on the XB1X version.)