~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
elbobo

Television MST3k the Return season 2 aka MST3k season 12

awww yeah we are back baby. I will be drunk watching these over the next few weekends as is the proper method.

Episode 1: Mac and Me

The film is an unabashed ET rip off that is just built for riffing and the show does not hold back. This is easily one of the best episodes of the new series, great jokes and solid host segments.

They have cut the episodes down to about 80 minutes which makes no sense to me since they are on Netflix exclusively now and they don't have to worry about time slots or commercial breaks.

Pretty rotten that the DVD of Mac and Me is fullscreen only. But I watched it on TV and it was widescreen. I think the Blu-Ray is widescreen, I might have to upgrade!

Atlantic Rim

This movie is horrifically bad even by MST3k standards. I think this has to be the most recent movie they have ever done and the jokes are solid it is just an awful awful movie. 

I've watched every episode of the new series probably 3+ times already. 

Every ep. EXCEPT Atlantic Rim. I hate the Asylum movies and don't think they're worthy of being riffed on MST. Mainly because they're lazily done mass produced garbage with no real attempt at making a serious movie. That really sucks the fun out of riffing it, regardless of how good the riffing is.

That said, the host segments in The Day Time Ended and Lords of the Deep are fucking hilarious and the exact type of host segs that I was used to with Joel. 

In short, the season is incredible, but the inclusion of Atlantic Rim is complete BULL BUTTER. 

Love this series and I hope they keep making more! It worries me that they only made 6 episodes for season two, however...that stinks of Netflix not being confident in continuing it.

Lords of the Deep

I really couldn't get into this one from both the movie perspective and the riffs, not sure why.

The Day Time Ended

After 2 lack luster episodes the show is back to batting 50/50. Great episode on a movie that makes zero sense even by mst3k selection standards.

Really strong host segments including a top notch song. 

Lords of the Deep was wonderful. It and The Day Time Ended are my two favorite Not-Mac-and-Me episodes of the season.

Killer Fish

I think this is the its not really that bad movie of the season. Great songs and NYC Italian accents in the riffs and you get Lee Majors in a MST3k episode, what more could you want

On 12/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, CayceG said:

I've watched every episode of the new series probably 3+ times already. 

Every ep. EXCEPT Atlantic Rim. I hate the Asylum movies and don't think they're worthy of being riffed on MST. Mainly because they're lazily done mass produced garbage with no real attempt at making a serious movie. That really sucks the fun out of riffing it, regardless of how good the riffing is.

That said, the host segments in The Day Time Ended and Lords of the Deep are fucking hilarious and the exact type of host segs that I was used to with Joel. 

In short, the season is incredible, but the inclusion of Atlantic Rim is complete BULL BUTTER. 

I went in kind of expecting to feel this way about Atlantic Rim being in there, but I ended up liking the riff more than I thought.

Best line, "It's like if a pooka shell necklace was a person"