MST3k the Return season 2 aka MST3k season 12

elbobo

awww yeah we are back baby. I will be drunk watching these over the next few weekends as is the proper method.

Episode 1: Mac and Me

The film is an unabashed ET rip off that is just built for riffing and the show does not hold back. This is easily one of the best episodes of the new series, great jokes and solid host segments.

They have cut the episodes down to about 80 minutes which makes no sense to me since they are on Netflix exclusively now and they don't have to worry about time slots or commercial breaks.

I've watched every episode of the new series probably 3+ times already. 

Every ep. EXCEPT Atlantic Rim. I hate the Asylum movies and don't think they're worthy of being riffed on MST. Mainly because they're lazily done mass produced garbage with no real attempt at making a serious movie. That really sucks the fun out of riffing it, regardless of how good the riffing is.

That said, the host segments in The Day Time Ended and Lords of the Deep are fucking hilarious and the exact type of host segs that I was used to with Joel. 

In short, the season is incredible, but the inclusion of Atlantic Rim is complete BULL BUTTER. 

• Guillotine 1

On 12/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, CayceG said:

I've watched every episode of the new series probably 3+ times already. 

Every ep. EXCEPT Atlantic Rim. I hate the Asylum movies and don't think they're worthy of being riffed on MST. Mainly because they're lazily done mass produced garbage with no real attempt at making a serious movie. That really sucks the fun out of riffing it, regardless of how good the riffing is.

That said, the host segments in The Day Time Ended and Lords of the Deep are fucking hilarious and the exact type of host segs that I was used to with Joel. 

In short, the season is incredible, but the inclusion of Atlantic Rim is complete BULL BUTTER. 

I went in kind of expecting to feel this way about Atlantic Rim being in there, but I ended up liking the riff more than I thought.

Best line, "It's like if a pooka shell necklace was a person"