Daredevil has been cancelled

I believe they'll have to incorporate the characters into some other type of show. Netflix still owns the existing episodes and will keep showing them even after the Disney service starts. Whether they'd use the new Disney service or put them on Hulu, I doubt they'd continue the shows knowing that people would have to sign up with a competing service to view the original episodes.

2 hours ago, Bataar said:

I believe they'll have to incorporate the characters into some other type of show. Netflix still owns the existing episodes and will keep showing them even after the Disney service starts. Whether they'd use the new Disney service or put them on Hulu, I doubt they'd continue the shows knowing that people would have to sign up with a competing service to view the original episodes.

You're assuming that the contract makes it so that the episodes can ONLY be shown on Netflix, which is a pretty big assumption. You're probably right that they won't continue the shows if you're right about where the episodes will be allowed to air...but we have no idea whether or not that's true.

People have different tastes.  For me the Daredevil created by Netflix was great (along with Kingpin).  The Punisher they created was good.  The rest was all garbage IMO.  I know lots of people liked JJ, but it wasn't for me.

I would like to see Daredevil continued but if it is not going to happen then I hope they can make something as good - and somehow figure a way through the contracts with Sony to get him teamed up with Spiderman.

To be fair, the reason viewership was down on the third season was because Netflix didn't promote it. I had to literally go to the search bar the day the season dropped and type in "Daredevil" in order to find it.

Something I NEVER had to do in the history of using Netflix.

12 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

To be fair, the reason viewership was down on the third season was because Netflix didn't promote it. I had to literally go to the search bar the day the season dropped and type in "Daredevil" in order to find it.

Something I NEVER had to do in the history of using Netflix.

If they already knew they were canceling Daredevil...I figured this had to be solely coming from Disney, but I saw a good point yesterday that this could be Netflix trying to do to Disney's new streaming service(s) what Disney did to Fox with severely cutting back on X-Men comics to try to devalue the movie rights.