Stormy Daniels says Michael Avenatti sued Trump without her permission, not being transparent

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/29/stormy-daniels-michael-avenatti-trump-defamation-lawsuit

Stormy Daniels, the adult film actor who claims she had an affair with Donald Trump 12 years ago, has said her lawyer sued the president this year without her permission and has not been transparent about money raised on her behalf via an online fundraising appeal.

In a statement given to the Daily Beast, Daniels said Michael Avenatti “has been a great advocate in many ways” but he “has not treated me with the respect and deference an attorney should show to a client”. She said she had not decided “what to do about legal representation moving forward”.

In her statement, Daniels said Avenatti filed the defamation lawsuit against Trump “against my wishes” and that she had been kept in the dark about online fundraisers “for my safety and legal defense”.

She continued: “He repeatedly refused to tell me how my legal defense fund was being spent. Now he has launched a new crowdfunding campaign using my face and name without my permission and attributing words to me that I never wrote or said.

I’m deeply grateful to my supporters and they deserve to know their money is being spent responsibly. I don’t want to hurt Michael, but it’s time to set the record straight. The truth has always been my greatest ally.”

11 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

We have Ocasio-Cortez and Beto, that's it.

If Beto is the mark of what a Democrat with a spine is, then there are quite a bit more than that. Beto is a nice guy like Obama. One of his ads was almost an exact copy of one of Obama's closing ads.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

People wouldn't be so excited about him if the majority of Democratic politicians weren't so spineless.

People are excited about him because he's on TV and this nation has become a nation of celebrity worshiping star fuckers on the left and right. There are plenty of candidates out there doing the work and focusing on issues, except that doesn't get you on TV.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

If Beto is the mark of what a Democrat with a spine is, then there are quite a bit more than that. Beto is a nice guy like Obama. One of his ads was almost an exact copy of one of Obama's closing ads.

The Democrats are also short on charismatic politicians.

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Honest question: who are the dozens of charismatic Republicans?

I wasn't intending to suggest that Republicans are better when it comes to charismatic politicians. It's just that it's pretty clear that Republicans have a core base who will show up no matter what, whereas the Democratic core base seems to need more of a push to show up. And one way to give them that push is someone like Beto.