johnny

General Entertainment ~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

Swallow 3.5/5 

loved the idea of this. I think if the director (who also wrote it) wasn’t still green that it could have gone to the next level. But I still think it’s a good movie. 

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Parasite: 8/10 - I thought it was a fine movie, clever, but as someone who watches Korean stuff all the time I find it strange to see this is the movie everyone is raving about.

I felt the exact same way but it's still a very good movie regardless. 

spacer.png

Oh My Venus: 9/10 - When I first started watching I thought this show might go heavy on fat shaming but it turned into being more about health which eased the uneasiness. And it was a mostly happy show with good characters, someone was cutting up some onions on the couple of last episodes though.

Dan in Real Life - 2/10

This movie feels like it was written by a middle-aged white woman from Minnesota who has a vacation home in a place with a name like Winnepasaukeeport who never had a real problem in her entire life. Is there an onomatopoeia for when something is so saccharine that you just want to puke? Replace all these thoughts with that if you can.

spacer.png

Make Your Move: 6/10 - I really only watched this movie to see BoA and mission accomplished in that regard. As for the rest it's pretty much what you expect from these kinds of movies. At least when someone makes a Derek Hough murder suicide thread I'll know who he was!

Charlie and Chocolate Factory

Since I watched Wonka last week I figured I would try the remake. Somehow this movie has more questionable eyebrow raising stuff than 1971 version did. Also just isn't as good.

5.5/10

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

This is the dark and gritty Justice League adaptation that the live action films wished it was. The animation is fantastic and the VA work is some of the best, Tony Todd as Darkseid knocks it out the park.This is also the best film version of Suicide Squad to date, mixing humor and over the top extreme violence . Due to the violence and language this film is rated R and it deserves it but never uses to shock the viewer.

9/10

Blood Quantum 

Blood Quantum -"a highly controversial measurement of the amount of "Indian blood" you have. It can affect your identity, your relationships and whether or not you — or your children — may become a citizen of your tribe.

Its a zombie movie where First People are essentially immune to the zombie bites. A small group set up a camp to protect themselves, this brings in the parallels of history as non natives show up at their door step bringing in the disease.

Its definitely a B tier film, the gags are wonderful with a nice mix of CG and old school props, the acting hovers some where above a B tier while actually using First People actors.Its not shy about how First People feel about whites it also doesn't shy away from issues like alcoholism and drug abuse that plague First People. My big issue with the film is there really isnt any progress with the story or the characters,its almost a slice of life rather then a story. 

5.5/10