~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

Bad Times at the El Royale - 7/10

i really liked how it started out.  Reminded me of Identity which I love. Then it got just kinda ok and I while I liked the 3rd act I was disappointed that’s where the story went. Chris Hemsworth did a great job but his character just kinda comes outta nowhere and I dunno just wasn’t what I wanted. Movie dragged at times though the middle as well. Overall I liked it but I felt like it had the potential to be so much better. 

Suspiria (2018) - 5/10

A baffling mess of a remake but more importantly, a baffling mess of a film in general. I actually really enjoyed what it did for the first 80 minutes or so of its preposterous overall running time but it crashed massively and squandered whatever promises were there in an absolutely spectacular fashion. It felt like everyone, from cinematographer to director to editor, all simply gave up at the halfway point and just said fuck it. 

It felt like watching someone run uphill only to stumble and tumble all the way back down, continue tumbling beyond their starting point, then catch on fucking fire and then eventually land in a thorny bush. The worst is the amount of wasted potential, wasted set design and everything else present. It's like they had all the ingredients and lost the instruction manual. 

If it weren't for that entire first segment being full of promise and beautiful visuals, I'd rate this disaster of a film even less. 

Mara - 2/10

Somewhere in this mess is a creepy horror film about sleep paralysis being caused by a supernatural being. The effects are pretty good but there's so much overracting and ridiculous plot elements ruining this thing. Nothing in this movie is believable. It looks like it was created by a film student drop out who was given a decent budget. Garbage. 

Await Further Instructions

you know how I said I should watch fewer shitty movies, I did not heed my own advice.

Best way to dewscribe this movie is someone watched this video and decided to make a movie around the premise which could have had potential but then they filled it with caricature characters and absurd plot twists

3/10 

Solo: A Star Wars Story...now, I love Star Wars and I've also heard of the muted reception this received.  Admittedly, I watched this after waking up at 4am and not being able to sleep but I thought it was pretty great. Naturally, in a world of the Force, it's always a let down when you don't get much reference to it, however the story and characters were great. 

In a weird way, a good movie, a lackluster Star Wars movie and for me, rather than major releases, I'd much rather these 'Star Wars Story' releases were 6 episodes, on a streaming service. 

Either way 7.5/10. 

I'll add a few

Game of Thrones 9/10

Watched all 7 seasons in about a month and I enjoyed it greatly, glad I finally am up to speed with it all. I'd rate it higher if it didnt have what seemed like unneeded sex scenes, and I'm just not the world's biggest fan of so many character write offs.. That's just me tho. Overall great show and one of my favorites. 

Bloodline 8.5/10

Hooked from the get go, we binged the hell out of this show. It just got me with how the family is ultimately a family with good intentions , but found themselves with dark things they started to cover up and it just continues to spiral out of control, really good show to binge. Plus I always liked Kyle Chandler, very likable characters in this 

Game Night 8/10

Speaking of Kyle Chandler, absolutely love this movie long with it having Jason Bateman who is forever one of my favorites. Also it made me fell in love with Rachel McAdams <3 I struggle with modern comedies and this one really did it for me.  Funny movie 

Halloween 2018 7.5/10

I enjoyed it even tho it felt a bit rehashed, still I'd take this over the many shitty horror movies that rely solely on abused Gore or jump scares. It was a fun movie and gave me some of those subtle old school type movie feels. Wasn't perfect by any means but was an enjoyable return to the series. 

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4/10

Rewatched it recently and I absolutely can't stand pretty much everything in this movie from finn to rose to luke to snoke.. Just awful. Rian Johnson needs strapped to a rocket and launched into space for what he did to star wars with this movie. I can't believe we waited 30 years for Luke to be a whiney mopey bitch, just awful. 

Watching the Ted Bundy tapes right now on Netflix which is interesting, started last kingdom and vikings to see which one to watch first as both were decent openers. Also started The Good Place, it's pretty good so far. A show im looking forward to is Ratched. Alot of good stuff to watch these days. 

Rogue One.. 9/10 Just finished rewatching it again... the Star Wars "War" movie just keeps growing on me... I really enjoyed all the characters in this suicide squad....the CGI Tarkin and Leia still stand out as being off (Leia specially) but it is a very enjoyable film... The only other minor sore spot is the dialog by Vader when visited by director Krennic, JEJ struggles to speak the lines a little.... either way  its easily climbing the ranks as my favorite Star Wars movie... adds and makes the lore and the story of the other movies stronger.

THE INCREDIBLES 2 ★★★★/5
3D: 4.25/5
AQ: 4.5/5

I enjoyed this movie much better on my 2nd viewing. Saw it in theatres back in July and liked the movie, but found it lacking. This 2nd viewing I noticed the subtle things I missed before (minus the obvious bad guy) Also thought the 3D was pretty weak too, but thank god for the home theatre experience. Much better colours and great depth throughout. Audio was jacked up on the receiver but when I found the sweet spot is was a great track with *shock face* good bass too. Well worth the import from the UK.

Suspiria 2018 4.5/5

This is a great reimagining of the story. NOT a remake. It carries over characters and, generally, the situations they’re in, but it’s very different. Great performances, especially from Tilda Swinton (another 2018 performance better than several of the ones nominated this year). This movie is a slow burn but the pacing is great. A few minutes in I thought it was gonna be a movie that lulled me to sleep with the washed out colors (opposite of the OG) but it quickly grabs your interest. I will say if you’re not paying attention (like on your phone while watching) you’ll likely miss things characters are saying or doing and might get confused. My only gripe is the dance sequences could have had more weight to them if the score and editing were sharper. 

MI: Fallout... 9/10  Movie flew right by... Fake outs were all great... Still cant decide if its the best MI yet... but thats only because the majority have been really well done.

Though not the same thing, theres few Bond movies I'd put over MI films...

After a while I did start seeing too much of the shadow of the Dark Knight in MI: Fallout, same as with Skyfall..

Spoiler

-robbery with mask-off reveal

-armored truck heist

-the motorbike chase  (though this is a franchise thing admittedly)

-bombs connected to one another

-two face even shows up for the final fight

Just glad neither of the Rachels got blown up

First Man

Good movie but has the challenge from and acting and directing stand point of trying to make a hyper straight laced engineer into an interesting character, even if you are doing the most amazing thing a human being has ever done keeping it honest with the true events and person puts you in a bit of a corner.

8/10

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Polar- 3/10

Colorfully shot and over the top silly, this should have been fun but turned out to just be a boring b-movie trying to ride the John Wick wave. I'd bet the director made his name shooting commercials or music videos. All style no substance.

I liked it. The one thing movies like these HAVE to have is style. I enjoyed seeing Mads Mikkelsen kill people. I thought it was a fun b-movie 

21 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - 9.5/10. 

Honestly one of the best movie trilogies of all time. A near perfect endcap, and I honestly couldn't have asked for more. Can't wait to see it again in 3 weeks. 

I'm excited for this to come out for two reasons. 1) I've really enjoyed the series and am looking forward to seeing how they close it out. 2) I am ready to STOP seeing the trailer. Seriously it has been shown in front of every ####ing movie at my local AMC for the last 4 months!!!!

16 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm excited for this to come out for two reasons. 1) I've really enjoyed the series and am looking forward to seeing how they close it out. 2) I am ready to STOP seeing the trailer. Seriously it has been shown in front of every ####ing movie at my local AMC for the last 4 months!!!!

That’s funny, because I was going to say “there’s a third movie coming out?”

I don’t usually go to AMC theaters, and that must be where they’re concentrating all their marketing. 

47 minutes ago, johnny said:

I liked it. The one thing movies like these HAVE to have is style. I enjoyed seeing Mads Mikkelsen kill people. I thought it was a fun b-movie 

The one thing thing these movie have to be is FUN which is what I thought this movie would be. Mads was cool, but outside of the colorful style, nothing stood out. I fell asleep on the movie and woke up when they killed the bad guy... I had zero desire to rewind and see what I missed and honestly, I didn't fall asleep because I was tired. I fell asleep because I was bored.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The one thing thing these movie have to be is FUN which is what I thought this movie would be. Mads was cool, but outside of the colorful style, nothing stood out. I fell asleep on the movie and woke up when they killed the bad guy... I had zero desire to rewind and see what I missed and honestly, I didn't fall asleep because I was tired. I fell asleep because I was bored.

It was fun. It sounds like you fell asleep and missed the best scenes of the movie 

43 minutes ago, johnny said:

It was fun. It sounds like you fell asleep and missed the best scenes of the movie 

Na, I missed like two or three minutes... I dozed off

Spoiler

When he was escaping the torture and tracking down the main bad guy. I woke up when he chopped his head off.

I missed maybe a scene or two at the most.

Punisher Season 2

probably the best paced marvel show, all the plots moved along and didn't feel like they were there to just fill time. 

8/10

Goblin Slayer

I have no idea why people think this is a good series, generic as fuck characters and action. No unexpected developments or plot moments. Also it is SUPER rapey, like this is the best way to describe me watching some scenes :ana:

3/10

I rewatched First Man on 4K HDR / Atmos last night and really pumped the sound up and it was glorious. The movie has really grown on me. I went in on a first viewing not expecting what Chazelle was actually giving me, but it stuck with me more than I expected. Turning up the speakers to a dangerous level really sells the tension and reminded me it's my favorite score of the year. I'm not sure if this was enough to convince me it's my top film of the year (pretty sure that's still The Favorite), but First Man is right up there for sure.

The Beach - 6/10

This one is kind of a guilty pleasure. I’ve never read the book so the drastic changes(I’ve heard) don’t bother me. It has a cool kind of vibe going for it. Till the 3rd act. Which is trash. Everytime I watch it I hope it ends different and it doesn’t haha

A Place Further than the Universe

A sweet kind hearted coming of age friendship story. It was a nice change of pace for me to watch an anime series that didn't involve saving the world or punching monsters in the face. This is just the story of 4 normal high schoolers going on an adventure and bonding. Some funny moments, some sad. Tells the whole story in 13 episodes.

8.5/10