~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

24 Legacy

I was finally able to finish it. I loved the original 24 and while I wanted more 24 and more Jack, I knew it just couldn't be right to bring Jack back. Enter Eric Carter. I had both reservations and excitement about Legacy as I believe 24 to be my favorite  show of all time. We'll it didn't disappoint. I was completely engaged. I kinda was hoping that Jack may have popped in for a cameo since Kiefer Sutherland was the executive producer but he doesn't but I think Sutherland's presence as a producer can be felt. I don't know if the show did well enough to warrant a 2nd season but I enjoyed it a lot.

4/5

Upgrade

The first third is ehhh whatever sci-fi staring poor mans Tom Hardy, from the first fight scene(which has some VERY creative camera work) on it is the surprise hit of 2018. This is also the closest we have got to a Deus Ex movie. If you are on this forum you should probably give it a watch. 

8.5/10

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Director Peter Berg and his muse (?) Mark Wahlberg were on a great run with Lone Survivor, Deepwater Horizon, and Patriot's Day.

Mile 22 looks like 99 cent Michael Bay by way of 99 cent Michael Mann through a shitty version of Sicario 2. It looks awful - I imagine only Trump voters would enjoy Mile 22. 

Was I one of the only few people disappointed by Lone Survivor? I had such high hopes given how great The Kingdom had been...

The account of what really happened in Operation Red Wings was already contested a bit prior to the movie but everything that happens after the main shootout is ridiculous.... (Ben Foster is as always great.

READY PLAYER ONE 3D 4/5
PQ: 5/5
3D: 4.75/5
AQ: 5/5*

This was my 2nd time watching since it came out in theatre and enjoyed it even more this time around. This is pure geekiness that is right up my alley. Different tone but watching my childhood and video games come to life on the big screen. Well, it gave me the same nerdy feelings like when I saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time. (haven’t read the book but my friend says there are even more references and so much better than the movie. Well aren’t they all) Anyways the video is stunning and being mostly CGI will do that. The 3D is one of best releases this year with great depth, separation and some occasional mild/medium pop outs. *The audio on the 3D disc is good and even great with Neural: X is applied to the DTS-HDMA track, but every other disc got the amazing Dolby Atmos track. So I easily recommend everyone see this movie and try to see it in 3D.

Tag

A movie about grown men who play tag, not exactly going in thinking it was going to be Oscar material. It was fine for what it was.

6/10

Tropic thunder

I think this might the last of the big release politically incorrect movies that there would be zero chance of making now. Also Tom Cruise's best role.

8.5/10

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

Tag

A movie about grown men who play tag, not exactly going in thinking it was going to be Oscar material. It was fine for what it was.

6/10

Tropic thunder

I think this might the last of the big release politically incorrect movies that there would be zero chance of making now. Also Tom Cruise's best role.

8.5/10

Yeah, Tropic Thunder is a creative gem that would not fly today.

Mile 22 - I'll say it really benefits from a short run time. It maintains a fast pace through both the action and (unfortunately) the character "development". Mark Whalberg's character is explained in an VO montage during the opening credits, which is a perfect example of how this movie is efficiently dumb. Everyone spouts exposition in a rapid fire Sorkin impression for the first 30 minutes just so we can get through that and get to the action ASAP. And that action is... nothing special. Although you do get to watch Iko Uwais beat the everloving shit out of a couple of guys in maybe the only scene I really liked, and later he's in a shootout in an apartment complex that reminds you that The Raid was great, so there's that. 

Watched under the right circumstances, there is some enjoyment to be had here. It's a good-bad movie. 

The Super Duper Cut of Deadpool 2 is overall better than the theatrical version but it did remove one of my favorite running gags of “Hi Wade”.... “hi Yukio”. They only do it a couple times instead of several times. The small additions to the end credit scene is great. 

22 hours ago, johnny said:

The Super Duper Cut of Deadpool 2 is overall better than the theatrical version but it did remove one of my favorite running gags of “Hi Wade”.... “hi Yukio”. They only do it a couple times instead of several times. The small additions to the end credit scene is great. 

why the hell would they remove the running gag...it was great..

12 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

why the hell would they remove the running gag...it was great..

Yeah I kept waiting for them to do it but they only do it like twice. The first time I was waiting and I thought “oh well maybe he doesn’t do it the first time” then the second time she says hi to wade and he doesn’t do it again and I was like ok something is fucky. It almost makes me want to only watch the theatrical because it’s literalpy my favorite part of the movie. My friend and I do it whenever we see each other (I know that sounds lame but whatever lol).

Cult of Chucky  

I like Chucky and like that the Chucky movies are still being made. This was interesting but I think only seriously hardcore Child's Play fans can get a little enjoyment out of this. Chucky is obviously the bright spots of the movie when he appears. His one liners are the best but that is about it. He does have a new gimmick in the movie that's really good but the explanation, while makes some sense, is a little let down. Not the worst movie I've ever seen cause it did keep me interested but only if you love Chucky.

2.5/5 

The Conjuring  

I am so late but I finally watched this. I like watching horror movies whether they are good or bad. This one falls in the very good category of the genre. Not hyper scary or with predictable jump scares but a very good pace and story that kept me intrigued. I guess I have some catch up to do since this is the first of 5 movies. 

5/5

GET OUT 3.5/5

its a bit slow but the payoff is well worth the wait. Plus I started to notice the little hints afterwards as to where we would end up in the end. 

FINAL DESTINATION 5 3D 3/5

These are guilty pleasures of a movie, but the 3D was amazing. Plus watching it stoned was different. Although it wasn’t as cool as . . . .

FANTASIA 2000 3.5/5

ok I have to say being stoned watching this with the music and colours was so damn relaxing. Would of liked a few more segments of music as it is a pretty short runtime. Still the opening and final musical segments were just beautiful 

***strain I was on was Cinderella 99. . . .if you were wondering

On 8/26/2018 at 12:19 PM, Mercury33 said:

I don’t see how Tropic Thunder doesn’t get made today? It wasn’t made all that long ago and it doesn’t go as over the top as movies like Blazing Saddles and Bad News Bears

I don't know. We live in such a ultra politically correct world now that most of the jokes in Tropic Thunder would have some body complaining. It is sad cause Tropic Thunder is not that old but the PC thing has ramped up so much in that short time. Even if Tropic Thunder is made today, it's a straight to DVD release, just my thought. I love this movie.

BLADE RUNNER 2049 (4K) 5/5

one of/if not the best movie of last year. Plus this 4K disc kicks ass for picture and especially if you have a Dolby Atmos setup to take full advantage of the track. Just remember to nail/glue everything down to the walls because the subwoofer action will knock that shit off with ease

16 hours ago, silentbob said:

BLADE RUNNER 2049 (4K) 5/5

one of/if not the best movie of last year. Plus this 4K disc kicks ass for picture and especially if you have a Dolby Atmos setup to take full advantage of the track. Just remember to nail/glue everything down to the walls because the subwoofer action will knock that shit off with ease

That has to look crazy amazing in 4k. 

44 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

That has to look crazy amazing in 4k. 

It does look amazing. Watched it on my projector setup and again under a little influence with my friend who had not seen it yet. Not the inky black from a 4K tv but close enough with some black velvet surrounding the screen to help absorb most of the light reflected off the screen

• Like 1

The Hunt for the Red October

I think this is the last of the great cold war era movies that was actually filmed during that era.  This is a fantastic military thriller in any year. One of maybe 3 times that Sean Connery actually gave a shit about his performance and him at his maximum silver fox level and it is weird to see Alec Baldwin not as a fat drunk.

Fully gimbaled sets combined with really good model effects make for some great scenes, the climax is top notch. 

9/10

PS. Also worth mentioning is john mctiernan's 3 movie run of Predator, Die Hard and Hunt for the red october, fuck me that is a good trifecta 

PSS. someone give someone that knows what they are doing the money to make red storm rising properly

• Like 1

Binge watched Amazon's much hyped Jack Ryan series.

Eh, I'd give it a  6.5 to 7 rating.  Good, but doesn't rise to anything great and the title character is actually the least interesting.

The "A for Adequacy" description I read somewhere, suits this show perfectly.

Searching: 9/10

An entire thriller seen through the lens of technology (desktop, phone, social media, TV), it works way better than it has any right to and stays engaging all the way through.  The intro of the movie is excellent, I haven’t felt that kind of emotion 5 minutes in since Up.  The story has some nice twists, the writing is good, the performances are well done, and I really liked all the internet Easter eggs and slight digs at some of the harmful aspects of social media.