Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse reviews are coming in

SaysWho?

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@IdeaOfEvilwhat DC animated movies do you think are the best. I think I’ve seen...maybe 2 or 3.

Without counting Mask of the Phantasm, I was more speaking on the direct to video movies since the regular Timm series had been cancelled. So, All Star Superman was fantastic. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight Returns two-parter. I have a special place in my heart for Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. Even though it was a compilation of shorts for its own release, the Superman/Shazam! animation was great. Under the Red Hood was very good, despite its edits. And Wonder Woman was excellent.

And even if you were to put these in an order of best to worst, I would put Spider-Verse at the bottom. But again, I'm a DC guy and admittedly my comments are skewed. @johnny is just gonna have to accept that the world isn't prefect, and neither am I </3

6 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I'm torn on if I should buy the BD asap or if I should wait. While the Disney Marvel films basically never go on sale, Homecoming became cheap very quickly. I want to pick this up on 4K BD, I think I'm going to wait a little while and see if it gets cheaper.

Black Friday is the best time.  All of the new Marvel movies were $15 for 4k last year; I picked up Ragnarok, Infinity War, Black Panther, and Ant Man & The Wasp.  Deadpool 2 and some others were cheaper, $12, but I don't recall what Homecoming was going for.

13 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Black Friday is the best time.  All of the new Marvel movies were $15 for 4k last year; I picked up Ragnarok, Infinity War, Black Panther, and Ant Man & The Wasp.  Deadpool 2 and some others were cheaper, $12, but I don't recall what Homecoming was going for.

The Homecoming BD hit $12 pretty fast and is still there. Meanwhile the Disney films are pretty much all going for $20+.

spacer.png

Now having looked at that, maybe I'm reconsidering. Maybe I don't want to wait 6 months to return to the Spider-Verse.

Decent video describing how this movie made Miles a good character compared to how he was handled in the comics.

I had stopped reading the comics before they introduced Miles. Was the original comic incarnation as boring as this video suggests?

12 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Spider-Verse was the best movie of 2018. Period. 

Don't know if it was THE best,  I'd actually have to go back and look at everything that was released, but it's definitely one of the best films. And while I've only seen a few of the DC animated flicks, Into the Spider verse is my favorite animated superhero flick. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Don't know if it was THE best,  I'd actually have to go back and look at everything that was released, but it's definitely one of the best films. And while I've only seen a few of the DC animated flicks, Into the Spider verse is my favorite animated superhero flick. 

For me it only slightly edges out Blindspotting, which was the superior race relations film from 2018. 

• 3 months later...

Ultra late to the party because I was waiting for the Netflix release, but oh my fuck was that movie incredible. The whole time I was watching it I was in disbelief that this movie was even made in the first place. So, so good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to seeing it last night and oh my gosh I loved it so much! It was so funny and the animation was amazing. I really loved how they changed Miles' origin story and how they handled all the villains and other Spider folk. My only tiny grip was how Miles got bitten. Just being in that sewer and a genetic spider just like one that but Peter randomly comes down to where he and his uncle were? That part was a bit meh but quickly overshadowed by everything else. I need to get this on blu-ray. It was gorgeous to watch.

53 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I finally got around to seeing it last night and oh my gosh I loved it so much! It was so funny and the animation was amazing. I really loved how they changed Miles' origin story and how they handled all the villains and other Spider folk. My only tiny grip was how Miles got bitten. Just being in that sewer and a genetic spider just like one that but Peter randomly comes down to where he and his uncle were? That part was a bit meh but quickly overshadowed by everything else. I need to get this on blu-ray. It was gorgeous to watch.

Even better in 4K and the 3D ain’t bad either. I had no problem with the spider bite and loved the simple shake off Miles does. I can see it happening the way it did because they were pretty much under Fisk Tower, and he could be responsible for the spider genetics in this universe. 

10 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

When Miles goes back to investigate the spider, we realize that it the dimension machine chamber is right on the other side of that wall, hence why Spider-man is there fighting and possibly why the spider was lurking about there as well since. Whatever the name of that tech company (Arksys?) is building the machine and the spider has its abdomen branded with that logo. 

• Like 1