Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse reviews are coming in

SaysWho?

I was sold on this based on the art style alone, but the trailers have been phenomenal. I'm very happy to hear that it lives up to its potential. 

Also didn't realize that Phil Lord wrote the screenplay.

I'm very prepared to love this movie and then quickly despair when it doesn't make as much money as Venom.

At least it seems that Sony is already planning spin-offs, (of which there seems to be limitless potential). 

16 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Also didn't realize that Phil Lord wrote the screenplay.

I believe he co-wrote it, to be fair (with Rodney Rothman, who co-wrote the screenplay for Phil Lord's 22 Jump Street and is also a co-director on this). It's weird Chris Miller's name is nowhere to be found in the writing credits at all, though he and Phil Lord are both producing this. 

I agree with the rest of your post. 

Saw it last week, it’s very good...definitely in the running for my favorite Spidey flick. I’m hopeful audiences will keep it on their to watch lists throughout the holiday frame as I fear it will open decent and then slide off in Christmas week.

2 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

Good to hear, I don't know what was up with the trailer my local theater was running but on the run before Wreck-it Ralph 2 the animation was all kinds of janky, it hurt my eyes, it was like a video game running at 12fps.

I saw two similar trailers for it at a theater in the last week or two. One looked beautiful and smooth, one looked like what you describe. It’s weird. 

On 11/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, sblfilms said:

Saw it last week, it’s very good...definitely in the running for my favorite Spidey flick. I’m hopeful audiences will keep it on their to watch lists throughout the holiday frame as I fear it will open decent and then slide off in Christmas week.

Honest question, what are your thoughts on how appropriate this would be for a four year old?  My son is turn five in late December, so he’s right on the cusp, but I just don’t know if the violence or language would be too much.

16 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Honest question, what are your thoughts on how appropriate this would be for a four year old?  My son is turn five in late December, so he’s right on the cusp, but I just don’t know if the violence or language would be too much.

It may be a bit much for that young, but it’s very PG. I’d be more concerned at that age just of some slightly scary moments for a kiddo that young.

6 hours ago, ort said:

This movie does run at a slower weird looking frame rate. You're not crazy.

It was a stylistic choice to make it more comic book like. I find it a little off putting as well, but will go in with an open mind.

Gah...I guess I'll have to let my wife know. That slower framerate has a tendency to make her motion sick. It's the same reason why she had to drop The Dragon Prince.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this is really, really good.  The preview that I saw didn't do the movie justice at all.  The animation is fantastic and oozes style, the music/score provides a constant rhythm, the voice acting is on point, the action is crisp and furious, and the character development/origin is well developed. 

Also, Noir Spiderman is hilarious and it became so much better when I saw who the voice actor actually is...

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Enjoyed the story quite a bit, but the animation at times was both spectacular and headache inducing. Seriously at times it felt as if I was watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses! And if any movie should have an epilepsy warning it is this movie. The end credit scene was a trip. 

Several people I know made the same comments,one of them couldnt finish watching it.

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Enjoyed the story quite a bit, but the animation at times was both spectacular and headache inducing. Seriously at times it felt as if I was watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses! And if any movie should have an epilepsy warning it is this movie. The end credit scene was a trip. 

Yeah a lot of whatever isn't in focus has that weird 3D effect look to it. Not sure why you would consciously choose that path.