Cowboy Bebop (Netflix, November 19), update: aaaaaaaand it's been cancelled

Ghost_MH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix) - "Lost Session" teaser trailer
29 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That feels exhausting to watch for 30 minutes

It shouldn't be that bad. Cowboy Bebop is all over the place, stylistically, depending on the music playing. The anime would be exhausting if every episode was as hectic as it's craziest episode. Sometimes Cowboy Bebop is smooth and funky hip-hop, sometimes it's a crazy jazz solo.

46 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I really don’t know what to make of that, but I’m inclined to think that the fight looked… slow and not good?

I noticed the same thing, despite a ton of stuff occurring with the stylistic choices the actual action wasn’t vey kinetic.

I have no clue at all if that tone will be good or not, and if it's different in tone from episode to episode. The acting seems stiff and weirdly timed (except John Cho, who I felt nailed it more or less). But the scene on the ship at the end changed my mind a decent bit, and the shots of the ships got me a little giddy. 

We'll see, very cautiously optimistic.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Cowboy Bebop (Netflix, November 19) - Official Trailer

I have never seen the anime (yeah yeah, I need to). 

But the best thing has been watching everyone here react skeptically and derisively to the announcement and then as each little extra thing comes out and the attitude here just does a complete 180. It's encouraged me!

Hate that I'm going to have to re-sub to Netflix though...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I have never seen the anime (yeah yeah, I need to). 

But the best thing has been watching everyone here react skeptically and derisively to the announcement and then as each little extra thing comes out and the attitude here just does a complete 180. It's encouraged me!

Hate that I'm going to have to re-sub to Netflix though...

Definitely if you can watch the anime show (and animated movie) before the live-action show! But yes, as someone who was very hesitant about this show, they are proving me wrong slowly but surely (Bebop is one of my favorite shows of all time, anime or not, full stop).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Holy fuck that looked and felt just like the show. They should have started with this trailer, that was awesome in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm raising my expectations from "cautiously optimistic but still somewhat skeptical" to "I think this is gonna be good, actually"