5 dead after shooting at Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland

3 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I’m not giving Trump a pass either. Obviously he is doing the most damage. But I expect better from this board.

WE'RE WHITE PEOPLE POINTING OUT THAT WHITE GUYS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 99.99% OF THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THIS COUNTRY! THERE IS NO "RACIALLY DIVISIVE" ELEMENT TO THIS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

WE'RE WHITE PEOPLE POINTING OUT THAT WHITE GUYS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 99.99% OF THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THIS COUNTRY! THERE IS NO "RACIALLY DIVISIVE" ELEMENT TO THIS!

Whites need to stop pointing the finger at whites. This is how the colored folk rise up.

1 minute ago, Komusha said:

Fuck this whole board. You are owned by a proud antisemite and yet never call him out on it. I’m done.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with you or anyone else,  but I generally stay away from the CEB cuz this board is shit. When I post in the CEB it is often shit posts.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Fuck this whole board. You are owned by a proud antisemite and yet never call him out on it. I’m done.

I find his antisemitism to be abhorrent and I've brought it up in the past. But that's not the issue here?

Maybe you need a break. It really ain't as big a deal as you're making this out to be.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've never seen anyone here blow their top because it was pointed out that white males commit nearly every mass shooting in the US.

In his defense, he did say that he's quitting caffeine this week and was experiencing severe withdrawals.  That, coupled with Kennedy's announcement yesterday which potentially has SIGNIFICANT ramifications for him and his husband, could easily lead to such a reaction.

I'm not upset or angry at him in the least and nor should anyone else be either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

In his defense, he did say that he's quitting caffeine this week and was experiencing severe withdrawals.  That, coupled with Kennedy's announcement yesterday which potentially has SIGNIFICANT ramifications for him and his husband, could easily lead to such a reaction.

I'm not upset or angry at him in the least and nor should anyone else be either.

I'm not angry at him, just more baffled by the overreaction. 

I understand his worry, though. It concerns me, as a woman.

And quitting caffeine is just a bad idea. Not worth the withdrawls. 

In the articles that have examined what Kennedy leaving the court means, the lists actually aren't that long. Because as I mentioned in the other thread, Kennedy was never really a moderate to begin with, he was a conservative with a few exceptions like gay rights and being marginally willing to protect Roe in some form. There are also a few others like maybe being more open minded on gerrymandering or criminal justice reform then whoever Trump replaces him with.

What I haven't seen anyone really mention is how Heller may have been relatively watered down at the time to get Kennedy's vote. A recent lower court decision used Scalia's words against him to find a way to uphold an assault weapons ban, and SCOTUS decided not to intervene. It's very much an open question how far to the right the court will go on gun rights with Kennedy gone.