5 dead after shooting at Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland

Even as someone people might describe as radical on gun control, a complete handgun and semi automatic rifle ban, or mag limits between 5-10 wouldn’t have prevented this.

I feel like this is actually a perfect example of no way to prevent this.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

Just now, sblfilms said:

?

I don’t think it was an apporitate comment. Just like HeyYouDVD’s “real surprised it was Islam” comments after a terror attack aren’t appropriate. If it turns out this is a racially charged attack, then that’s one thing. Otherwise it’s reactionary and divisive.

Yeah, it's an example of pulling out your political scorecard when a shooting happens. Ooh, let's see, white guy, check! reporters were shot? Yes! This was a right thing nut, score one for my team, yay! Let's race off to twitter/facebook and make comments!!!1!!

Just now, Komusha said:

I don’t think it was an apporitate comment. Just like HeyYouDVD’s “real surprised it was Islam” comments after a terror attack aren’t appropriate. If it turns out this is a racially charged attack, then that’s one thing. Otherwise it’s reactionary and divisive.

Ok.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

Speaking as a white male, I'm TOTALLY SHOCKED that a fellow white male perpetuated a mass shooting.

There - it's no longer reactionary or divisive!

When will you denounce these actions by a fellow white man? Your silence is deafening...

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

...almost every mass shooting in America is perpetrated by a white male. 

It doesn't have anything to do with needing to be a racial attack.

I’m sure he was straight too.

Straight people are evil!

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're really overreacting. 

It's not a surprise that a white male did this, since they perpetrate the overwhelming majority of these acts. 

How am I overreacting? With all of the racial division going on in this country I fail to see how pointing out his race helps to heal us. I didn’t like it when my Orlando friends did this with the Pulse shooter either.

If our country wants to move forward we need to get better about how we discuss our differences.

I'm sure the dialogue on this board will really help the national conversation. 

White dude shoots a lot of people, more news at 11.

The real issue is that our president demonizes foreigners and people of color, while ignoring the huge problem of white males perpetrating mass shootings on practically weekly basis. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm sure the dialogue on this board will really help the national conversation. 

White dude shoots a lot of people, more news at 11.

The real issue is that our president demonizes foreigners and people of color, while ignoring the huge problem of white males perpetrating mass shootings on practically weekly basis. 

I’m not giving Trump a pass either. Obviously he is doing the most damage. But I expect better from this board.