Is it okay to put your trash in a neighbors trashcan?

johnny

Is it okay to   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Put your trash in a neighbors trashcan

• Are you retarded? NO
    • Yes who cares

I have a friend who asked this and I said NO, and he was like well I do it anyways. Doesn’t even get permission from the neighbor. Just puts his garbage in their trashcan and rationalizes it by saying “the trash is getting taken out anyways”. 

He is fucking insane imo. 

If it's getting picked up that day and is out, sure, why not? So long as you're not overflowing it. If it's just like some random little wrapper you have or whatever, that seems fair game at any time. If you're like, going to the side of their house to throw a full bag of trash into their can, you're an asshole unless you got permission.

It's also a dumb thing to do because if it's a full bag of trash, it likely has your mail in it, so you're not exactly super hard to find.

25 minutes ago, Chris- said:

It's not paranoia, his condo association just doesn't permit burn bags.

Today’s modern data criminal doesn’t sift through trash to locate information from discarded mail. It’s done through the internet. I toss my mail straight into the trash. 

I would say no, however I do remember coming back from Christmas holidays when at university and the people I lived with hadn't left our bins out to be collected and had left a load of bin bags next to ours.  

No collection for about 2 weeks due to the time of the year so at about 3am, I put a bag into everyone's bins on our street and shoved any bottles into the bins on the street.  The perfect crime.

2 hours ago, kittykat said:

Okay I don't understand what the benefit is for doing that. Isn't his own bin closer to his house? Why is he putting it in his neighbor's?

Also I'm judging you people who live in a place that doesn't have recycling. Throwing your mail in the garbage? Wtf. My civilized city has garbage, recycling, and compost bins for every house.

His trashcan is full because he’s a pig and consumes a million things 

I personally wouldn't do it without permission, though our cans are huge so we never fill up the garbage (recycling is always full).

If someone put trash in our cans while they're on the curb awaiting pickup, I wouldn't mind. Putting trash in after pickup annoys me. I've often ended up with dog poop bags in my trash after pickup and I don't think of that as particularly neighborly.

I'd say no. For full bags, my cans are always full at the end of the week so they better not. And no for loose shit. The garbage guys often just grab the bags out of the can so other people's trash just sits at the bottom of my can, and the only time people have a chance to put loose shit in the cans is on garbage day after the trash has been collected and before I can bring the cans down. 

Seriously though, why the fuck do you all care? My trash is collected in an alley, so if my can is full (which it often is since our unit only has two cans, and the neighbors above me are two adults + a baby), I just put the bag next to it. Y'all are really that territorial over your garbage cans?

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Seriously though, why the fuck do you all care? My trash is collected in an alley, so if my can is full (which it often is since our unit only has two cans, and the neighbors above me are two adults + a baby), I just put the bag next to it. Y'all are really that territorial over your garbage cans?

The trashcan has MY address on it. If a person asks I doubt I’m going to say no but people can’t at least ask? Lmfaoooo 

17 hours ago, Chris- said:

No one as put full bags in my cans before. But I have had people put Styrofoam spit cups(tobacco) and dog shit bags in my cans after the trash as been collected and I don't like that. And the only times people can put shit in my cans, without deliberately going out of their way, is after the trash has been collected and before I bring my cans back. 

17 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

If the bin has already been taken to the curb to be collected the next day then it’s fair game. Just do it quickly because you still don’t want to be that guy who gets caught.

If you don’t want to be caught then you probably shouldn’t do it or just ask beforehand