FFVX Benchmark - DLSS option grayed out?

Mr.Vic20

To any RTX card owners - 

Have you tried the FFXV stand alone benchmark download V1.2? It claims to allow us to test out DLSS when the benchmark is set to 4K, but when I try the DLSS feature is grayed out. I Have the latest windows update that enables RTX features (DTX) and I have the latest Nvidia drivers that do the same for the GPU. I have successfully run Battlefield V with Ray tracing enabled so I know RTX is working. Have any of you tried this and if so, did you get he same result? IF you haven't can I ask that you try it out and share your results? 

Here is a link to the benchmark with instructions:

http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/na/

@stepee

@Mr.Vic20

It works sir!  Are you sure you have res set to 4k? It doesn’t work with any other res.

I tried it with everything highest, including the nvidia shit, got a score of 6000 smtn, which is marked as high, since it scores on frame rate, not counting what settings you are using. It was mostly 60 with some dips, mosty high 50’s ones besides one huge battle scene. 

Nvidia frame killer stuff off tells a different story, delivers the promised mostly 80+ fps, as high as 100, and no dips below 60 the entire time. 

If they actually would add this to the game itself already I would probably just find out which nvidia frame killer option I need to keep a constant 60fps while keeping the others.

The boost over non dlss is huge and looks like 4k to me!

@stepee do you get regular "DXGI error device hung GPU" messages after your game freezes? Seems that I do, and I likely have a dud card, which might explain this DLSS issue. I have the original rev micron GDDR6 version of the card an my card is part of the dreaded 0323 family of of cards (serial number grouping). According to this (linked below) user tracked spreadsheet, I have a 50/50 chance of having my card die on me...yipeee! :lol:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BHwsdI5cCaUUQu0vRtHgGDGrG-3Vf7_b82KX_lZ4-9M/edit#gid=0

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@stepee do you get regular "DXGI error device hung GPU" messages after your game freezes? Seems that I do, and I likely have a dud card, which might explain this DLSS issue. I have the original rev micron GDDR6 version of the card an my card is part of the dreaded 0323 family of of cards (serial number grouping). According to this (linked below) user tracked spreadsheet, I have a 50/50 chance of having my card die on me...yipeee! :lol:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BHwsdI5cCaUUQu0vRtHgGDGrG-3Vf7_b82KX_lZ4-9M/edit#gid=0

Could you send it in for replacement?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I really don’t get why the option would grey out for you i mean the card should work or not.

I did have a bad card, so i returned it, they were great, shipped it out to me first before I returned. Overnight on their dime. Whole process was like a week. I was impressed.

I get the error you are saying only if I try to oc too hard. I got it with shadow of tomb raider, I just went down to 1985mhz and it didn’t pop up again.

Boo-fucking-yah!  I fixed it! :twothumbsup: @stepee , so NGX is the software that runs the tensor cores that power the DLSS features. the NGX portion of the Nvidia drivers were not uninstalling even with DDU in safe mode! So after using DDU, I manually deleted these files then re-ran the driver install one more time and bingo, we have lift off! :sun:

It was grayed out for me too with the driver I had downloaded on Sunday, turns out there was a driver released the day after so update the driver and it works. Thankfully I didn't have to mess around with deleting stuff. Only got about 100 more points from running custom with everything maxed over the high run with the old driver but it looked like it was running better. I still had a couple brief pauses early in the chocobo sequence and summon sequence presumably from my CPU bottlenecking but other than that it ran well on my 2070.

11 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

It was grayed out for me too with the driver I had downloaded on Sunday, turns out there was a driver released the day after so update the driver and it works. Thankfully I didn't have to mess around with deleting stuff. Only got about 100 more points from running custom with everything maxed over the high run with the old driver but it looked like it was running better. I still had a couple brief pauses early in the chocobo sequence and summon sequence presumably from my CPU bottlenecking but other than that it ran well on my 2070.

That was very much my experience as well. Overclocking my card picked up another 300 points but didn't change the world. 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:12 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Boo-fucking-yah!  I fixed it! :twothumbsup: @stepee , so NGX is the software that runs the tensor cores that power the DLSS features. the NGX portion of the Nvidia drivers were not uninstalling even with DDU in safe mode! So after using DDU, I manually deleted these files then re-ran the driver install one more time and bingo, we have lift off! :sun:

Glad you got it working, now just for a game that we can actually play that uses it!

• Haha 1