Have you liked any of the comedy specials on Netflix?

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I liked the Dave Chappelle specials. 

I thought they were pretty good. Not as good as Killin Them Softly, but definitely better than For What It's Worth imho.

Like @SoberChef said, Ron White's new special is very good.

Bill Burr has three specials on there from what I can tell. You People Are All The Same and I'm Sorry You Feel That Way are both good. Walk Your Way Out is a relatively new one that I Didn't notice until I started looking around for this thread. Definitely gonna watch it.

Jim Jefferies also has three on there, all good. Bare, Freedumb, and This Is Me Now.

Gabriel Iglesias has one on there, I'm Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry.

Patton Oswalt has two on there. Talking For Clapping, which is good. And Annihilation, which is notable because it's his first special since his wife died.

I notice one thing about all these specials is that they are all from stand up comedians I was already a fan of. It makes me realize I need to try out more of the specials from men and women I am not so familiar with since there are quite a lot of Netflix originals in the category.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

There is this asian lady comedian with a couple specials on Netflix. I did not care for her much, but what strikes me as odd is she is very pregnant in both specials, which I don't think were even done in the same year. 

That's gotta be a tough gimmick to maintain. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

There is this asian lady comedian with a couple specials on Netflix. I did not care for her much, but what strikes me as odd is she is very pregnant in both specials, which I don't think were even done in the same year. 

That's Ali Wong, just to be clear for people. It's not a schtick, she just happened to be during both specials - though of course she incorporates it into her act as part of the humor. 

• 2 months later...

I watched Bo Burnham's last special from a couple years ago, Make Happy. As a whole, I didn't love it. It's an evolution of the type of songs that gave him his start in the early days of Youtube, and that is either your thing or it isn't. But you can cut right to the finale here, which I highly recommend.