Post one of your favorite games from this gen and I will give you my honest opinion on it

johnny

3 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Destiny/Destiny 2 

Online FPS isn’t my thing but I’m glad there’s a seemingly solid franchise for people who like that. The only time I played that game I wasn’t with other people which probably made it not as fun as it could have been. 

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I'll go ahead and say Bloodborne.

Fantastic game, I like it more than Souls games because of the fast combat and it’s still a challenge. 

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Some shockingly good opinions this thread. 

Nier: Automata

I only played the demo for this but I loved it. Unfortunately I have a backlog but I wanna play this soon. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Spider-Man 

Wonderfully fun game. Traversing through the city is a delight and the combat is BETTER than those Batman games. 

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What makes the Witcher 3 more successful to games like Assassin's Creed Orgins and Oddessy? Games clearly influence by the Witcher 3 but in your opinion don't match up?

Imo, Oddessy is a better game than the Witcher 3.  More open in scale and better combat to start. 

Winds howling...

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

What makes the Witcher 3 more successful to games like Assassin's Creed Orgins and Oddessy? Games clearly influence by the Witcher 3 but in your opinion don't match up?

Imo, Oddessy is a better game than the Witcher 3.  More open in scale and better combat to start. 

I'll let you know when I play Odyssey :p 

That said, my expectation is its story and world simply won't be as engrossing. The Witcher's world felt like a real place* with all the grey ethics that comes with it and I've never cared about characters nearly as much as I cared about the characters in TW3. Its ending is one of the most satisfying endings to any game I've played. It was one of those rare games where as I got near the end, I just started doing BS in the game because I desperately didn't want it to end.

Of course, I would be thrilled if  those expectations are wrong and AC:Od is even better!

*Naturally, AC games are based on historical time periods, but that doesn't mean the way the characters interact, and the way the politics affect individuals will feel as realistic and well thought out as they do in TW3.

8 hours ago, legend said:

I'll let you know when I play Odyssey :p 

That said, my expectation is its story and world simply won't be as engrossing. The Witcher's world felt like a real place* with all the grey ethics that comes with it and I've never cared about characters nearly as much as I cared about the characters in TW3. Its ending is one of the most satisfying endings to any game I've played. It was one of those rare games where as I got near the end, I just started doing BS in the game because I desperately didn't want it to end.

Of course, I would be thrilled if  those expectations are wrong and AC:Od is even better!

*Naturally, AC games are based on historical time periods, but that doesn't mean the way the characters interact, and the way the politics affect individuals will feel as realistic and well thought out as they do in TW3.

I loved Origins and Odyssey is shaping up to be fantastic, but they don't hold a candle to Witcher 3. 

Not even close. 

• Guillotine 1

On 11/24/2018 at 4:36 AM, RedSoxFan9 said:

Breath of the Wild

On 11/24/2018 at 6:35 AM, johnny said:

Couldn’t get into it tbh 

Was there something in particular that you didn't like, or is it generally just not your kind of game?

Personally, I'd never really played a Zelda game before :blush: , but this was one of my favorite games ever. I've put in over 100 hours and haven't even tried fighting Ganon yet. :lol: Anyway I'm curious what kept you from enjoying it. :) 

20 hours ago, chakoo said:

Yakuza Zero or 6

Haven’t played those. It’s one of those “I want to play” games but idk if I’ll ever get around to it. 

17 hours ago, stepee said:

The Quiet Man

I don’t what this is is it on consoles 

12 hours ago, Moa said:

What Remains of Edith Finch 

I loved this fucking game 

9 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Titanfall 2

Never played it. Is the story good? I don’t care for online gaming. 

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

Was there something in particular that you didn't like, or is it generally just not your kind of game?

Personally, I'd never really played a Zelda game before :blush: , but this was one of my favorite games ever. I've put in over 100 hours and haven't even tried fighting Ganon yet. :lol: Anyway I'm curious what kept you from enjoying it. :) 

RPGs need to grip me from the beginning or else I get bored. And I have no special attachment to the series. I’m sure it’s a good game but I lost interest quickly lol.