LTTP: credits roll on GoW

EternallDarkness

Finally got around to picking up GoW a couple weeks back and this afternoon the credits rolled. What a great game, totally made GoW fresh again. Also managed to evoke emotions, at times I felt sorry for how kid given how rough Kratos was on him and then toward the end I wanted to smack the kid given how cocky he got. Still had a bunch of post credit stuff to do and I'll likely chip away at it bit by bit, though I'll probably jump to a new main game now since I have added several to my backlog in the last week or so. Very interested to see where they take the series from here. 

• Like 2

Yeah I just recently finished it too and really loved it. Was a massive breath of fresh air after the mess that was RDR2.

Did you get the "secret" ending? Where the full credits roll on a black screen after? It wasn't a lot more (in fact, it was only a tiny bit more), but was still fun. I'm looking forward to subsequent entries!

This was another game where the more I played, the more I realized how fantastic it was. Once I unlocked a secret realm and fought waves of enemies, I got really good at the combat, and it all clicked. The exploration, the characters, the combat, the world, and the freaking serpent, it's all so great.

This was a labor of love and Sony Santa Monica should be (and I'm sure is) very proud of themselves.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I wasn’t as taken by it as a lot seemed to be. I thought the combat was good but not great, and that the story had a lot of problems. 

But certainly enjoyed it. 

I'd agree that there were parts of the story that could have been told a bit better, but overall I definitely enjoyed it. 

59 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Game of the Year and it’s not even close. The only thing was I wish there had been more of the epic battles like the first one. 

Spoiler

I do wonder if they will open that up more in the next ones. It would have been a bit much for Atreus to handle, and they kept this one more appropriately personal with few gods being in the way. But now that the ice has been broken and now that Atreus is ready, they could start bringing in a lot more gods.

I really enjoyed GoW a great deal. For a game dependent on combat efficiency, there are some truly atrocious camera angles, and there are entire parts of the story where enemies fight Kratos for seemingly no reason beyond “videogames” but the good stuff in it is SUPER good.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Game was amazing and had not only a well written story that reworks popular myths, but a well crafted story too with great direction and cinematography. This was the first game that I actually noticed the camera work in a game in a good way.

The cinematic moments are done really well, but playing on the hardest difficulty, the number of times I got clowned because the camera and the action indicator were too close to Kratos to be useful and I got backstabbed was WAY too high. It’s really good most of the time, but when it’s bad it’s REALLY bad. A number of the trials in Lava Reef Zone or whatever the hell it was called demanded cheese tier tactics in the OHKO portions because I could never be confident that the game didn’t spawn a ranged attacked behind me. Same with a couple of the Valkyrie battles, the camera just cannot keep up and you take enough damage on hard mode to have one mistake with them kill you.

12 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'd agree that there were parts of the story that could have been told a bit better, but overall I definitely enjoyed it. 

Oh totally. There was a level of hyperbole with this game that is probably easy to miss if you’re coming to it now. 

It’s an awesome game.