Halo (Paramount+, March 24) - series renewed for second season, will show Master Chief's face

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

They've found a new director: Otto Bathurst, the filmmaker behind the recent Robin Hood reboot.

Production is still scheduled to begin this year. So it could still happen, and there's still time for it to fall apart, again.

I haven't watched Peaky Blinders, but his episode of Black Mirror was one of the better ones imo.
Overall he doesn't have a lot behind him though.

54 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Greatoneshere we need some reassurance right now! 🙏

Robin Hood was garbage, but was a studio-mandated movie that had to get made. Otto Bathurst's TV work is almost uniformly excellent, so this could be good, but without knowing Otto's personal Halo fandom, or his interest in researching the property, I can't actually give reassurance. He's good within the TV realm, so that's a good sign at least.

I'd say the fact they got Kyle Killen (great showrunner of the short lived series Awake, also wrote the interesting though not great films The Beaver and Scenic Route) to showrun the show is a much bigger "get" and helps make me think Halo could actually be good between him and Otto Bathurst. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • GeneticBlueprint changed the title to Halo is getting a TV show on Showtime, UPDATE - it's moving to Paramount+
On 2/26/2021 at 1:27 AM, GeneticBlueprint said:

Show moving to CBS All Access instead of Showtime is not a good sign.

Might be a brilliant move on their part to get subscribers. Beside Viacom owns both CBS, Paramount and Showtime. Might be like Disney+ having everything under one banner.

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

Might be a brilliant move on their part to get subscribers. Beside Viacom owns both CBS, Paramount and Showtime. Might be like Disney+ having everything under one banner.

That's exactly the calculation here... also shows on Paramount Plus will definitely have bigger budgets than anything on Showtime.

• 9 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Halo (Paramount+) first trailer to debut at The Game Awards

As someone on ResetERA posted:

Halo's story makes zero sense. It just goes right over your head. I said it in the TV show thread, but all the good story stuff happens in the supplemental material but then the games come and go, "YOLO! MASTER CHIEF! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" And they proceed to forget about anything interesting that was brought up in the novels but will still bringing in novel characters and mention their events as if regular players know any of that shit.

This is why MC rarely speaks, he's completely lost and has no idea what's going on. But he has to pretend he does or everyone will think he's an idiot for not reading any of the books.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So uhhhh this is probably going to be stupid, like "we got all these books and games we could use or.... just fuck it."

halotvseriesofficialtrailerignblogroll-1
WWW.IGN.COM

The Halo universe has an ever-expanding canon, but we're now learning the upcoming Halo TV series coming to Paramount Plus won't be a part of the current canon.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:21 AM, SoberChef said:

Thought this was going to Showtime for some reason? Ughhh I really DO NOT need to sign up for yet ANOTHER streaming platform FFS...maybe just wait until the whole season/series drops & then do a 1 month free thingy

Paramount+ has free month codes literally every month. 

facebook.png
WWW.DOCTOROFCREDIT.COM

Paramount+ frequently offers free months when you use a promo code. New codes are added frequently.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Halo (Paramount+) to debut on March 24 - Official Trailer with cover of "In the Air Tonight"