Monster Hunter movie pics

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Brick said:

The Chinese trailer looks more like the games

Yup. Seems like the international trailers make it look related to the game. The 'merican trailer focuses on the military part which is probably only like the first 10 minutes (because it appears they just get warped into the monster hunter world)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

"Hey should we include this line that is based off a racist and outdated joke/rhyme in the current largest market?"

Every single producer and editor along the way: "I don't see why not!"

Don't blame the underlings... someone called this out and was asurredly overruled. Probably by the director or exec producer.

Maybe this is will finally stop Anderson from making these shit movies. The Monster Hunter game is getting reviewed bombed on steam. 

cd24fsfsrjqnmnvzqddk.jpg
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

In the last 48 hours Monster Hunter: World has received over 2000 negative reviews on Steam after a racist joke in the Monster Hunter film has led to a backlash in China and...

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

"Hey should we include this line that is based off a racist and outdated joke/rhyme in the current largest market?"

Every single producer and editor along the way: "I don't see why not!"

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't blame the underlings... someone called this out and was asurredly overruled. Probably by the director or exec producer.

Is it based off a racist and outdated joke or is this something where they stuck their foot in it because people in China are taking it as being about that racist/outdated joke? The second tweet made it sound like this was accidental and not something where they knew they were making a racist joke.

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is it based off a racist and outdated joke or is this something where they stuck their foot in it because people in China are taking it as being about that racist/outdated joke? The second tweet made it sound like this was accidental and not something where they knew they were making a racist joke.

I'm betting SOMEBODY called it out and was overruled. Happens all of the time. Too many people have eyes on this stuff for EVERYONE to have "innocently missed it". In today's day and age, you can't claim "herp derp, we didn't know this lame joke would be offensive to a whole country." :| With the efforts that companies put into NOT beign offensive, I have a hard time thinking this was "missed".

I don't even get the joke in the context of the movie. Is the character's name Chai, so his knees are Chai knees haha get it, Chinese? What a dumb joke from a dumb looking movie. 

@skillzdadirecta got any personal examples of people calling attention to something that could be problematic, and getting overruled? I enjoy your industry stories (I miss being on sets 😔). 

37 minutes ago, Brick said:

I don't even get the joke in the context of the movie. Is the character's name Chai, so his knees are Chai knees haha get it, Chinese? What a dumb joke from a dumb looking movie. 

@skillzdadirecta got any personal examples of people calling attention to something that could be problematic, and getting overruled? I enjoy your industry stories (I miss being on sets 😔). 

I remember I worked on a commercial back when I was first starting out... it was for Yogurt or something and they had a group of kids yelling out the flavors as they tasted them. Like "Ohh Strawberry!" or "Yumm Blueberry!" Well out of this diverse group of kids OF COURSE some one had the bright idea to have the one black kid shout out "Yum Watermelon!" I wasn't even an assistant at the time but it jumped out to me and I had no idea how to address it. i was frankly amazed that no one else saw it as a problem. I said something to one of the managers who was higher up on the heirarchy than me who I was cool with and he brought it up... they then BROUGHT ME INTO THE EDIT and asked me if I found it offensive. I was diplomatic and said that while I personally didn't I could see how people WOULD. Now this was still at the agency level and hadn't gone to the client yet (The yogurt company)The powers that be thought that they could slip it pass and of course they didn't and the commercial had to be re edited. That was the first time something like that happened that i witnessed but it wasn't the last.