NASA to launch safety probe of SpaceX, Boeing, after video of Elon musk smoking weed posted to social media

10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

As someone who believes that SpaceX should be nationalized, even I think this is incredibly goddamned stupid.

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that I'm defaulting to believing that there's no political motivation here and that it really is just being driven by people who still buy into the feds' official line on marijuana.

1 minute ago, legend said:

That's a stupid fucking reason.

If Musk needs a clearance then that's probably the angle they're pursuing. Otherwise they really can nail him over "drug free workplace" requirements for federal contracting if they really want to.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that I'm defaulting to believing that there's no political motivation here and that it really is just being driven by people who still buy into the feds' official line on marijuana.

My guess is senator Shelby instigated this.  He is a huge proponent of the sls, and hates SpaceX.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Okay, if he has a security clearance through the Air Force then how does that change what I said?

If the Air Force cleared him I can't see NASA being able to go after it given Air Force National Security launches are significantly more important than a NASA launch. That just seems like an easy avenue for appeal with the GAO. The Air Force isn't going to want NASA to threaten it's contractor over crap, especially with Falcon Heavy about to get approval for Air Force missions.