The Mariners

thewhyteboar

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

@silentbobyou guys got a 27 year old version of Yuli. Cherish this man.

Jealous:p Two taps on the garbage can for Yes and One for No. 

All kidding aside, yeah we are fucking lucky to have him on the team. Toronto is going to have to offer him probably the biggest contract in MLB history to keep him. . . . when the time comes. 

49 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Rays, your reward for winning the AL? Probably facing the baseball team that shoulda been there all year long and finally put it together at just the right time 😂

It’s amazing what happens when they have an actual home stadium to play at. Mentally I think this makes it easier on them knowing it’s their fans in their actual stadium cheering them. Everything else felt sort of artificial feeling playing these “home” games in Buffalo and Dunedin or whatever in Florida. Just like my Raptors endured last year.

But shit are they ever looking fucking scary to any pitcher right now. Like the tweet said, everyone is seeing beach balls at the plate. Plus that 114mph home run by Vlad sounded fucking scary off the bat

36 minutes ago, silentbob said:

It’s amazing what happens when they have an actual home stadium to play at. Mentally I think this makes it easier on them knowing it’s their fans in their actual stadium cheering them. Everything else felt sort of artificial feeling playing these “home” games in Buffalo and Dunedin or whatever in Florida. Just like my Raptors endured last year.

But shit are they ever looking fucking scary to any pitcher right now. Like the tweet said, everyone is seeing beach balls at the plate. Plus that 114mph home run by Vlad sounded fucking scary off the bat

And the Jays starting rotation has really come in to form. Gooooood luck if they keep healthy the rest of the way

Good for Siri who bounced around the minors with the Reds, Giants, and Ms, before landing with the Astros this past off season. He’s still only 26, so certainly has time to prove he belongs in the majors. Pretty good stat line for your first every MLB start!

Also, the Ms are like “wait a damn minute” and are now 1 loss behind Boston and 2 losses behind the Yankees in the race for the final AL wild card.

I’m not sure what excites me more, the Jays and Ms making it into the wild card, or the Red Sox and Yankees missing it 😂

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

Come on @sblfilms you guys were to keep us as bad as Baltimore. You should be forced to forfeit the division and be demoted to being a AA club if you lose to the worst road team in baseball today. 

It is the season long story against bad teams. At least they found a way to come out on top this time!

@silentbobthe Astros are three losses behind the Rays for the top seed in the AL, with a series left to play between them.

I am legit more worried about the Astros being number one and having to play the Jays in the ALDS than the White Sox!

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@silentbobthe Astros are three losses behind the Rays for the top seed in the AL, with a series left to play between them.

I am legit more worried about the Astros being number one and having to play the Jays in the ALDS than the White Sox!

I would rather have my Jays face your Astros over the Rays. Even when The Rays were a crappy ball team, my Jays had a hard time finding a way to beat them. Kind of worried with the current series they start tonight, but it could also mean that we could get closer to playing your Astros. These are gonna be some intense 2 weeks of baseball.

I don’t see how any other team in baseball has a worse owner than the Oakland A’s 

John Fisher is a piece of garbage who is only rich because his parents founded GAP. 

- is cheap as shit. had the bones of a great team and decided to not retain hendricks and semien this last offseason. hendricks would be a massive upgrade to our bullpen which has sucked shit. literally could have paid semien only 6 million more dollars than what we offered to keep him. 

- took away A’s all access which was an affordable way to go to games 

- concessions are straight up horrible. hardly any options and it’s not that good 

- parking is 30 dollars and parking is a literal nightmare when a popular team comes to town. it’s easier to park in san francisco on those days 

- is actively pissing off fans by pushing this move to vegas when he is being a cheapass again, but this time with oakland city council 

- is doubling ticket prices next season 

this dude does NOT want people to go to the games. a lot of our shortcomings as a team are because of him. 

9 hours ago, rc0101 said:

99 wins and one game back still. Amazing. 

And the reward, if the season ended today, is one game playoff against the Cards who suddenly put it ALL together. That would make me sooooooooo nervous even though the Dodgers should win it. Also sucks that they would have to use Walker or Max, which pushes them to a game 4 DS start.

And normally when you’re well on your way to winning 100+ games, you’re resting guys a bit and getting your rotation lined up for the DS. Neither LA nor SF can do that because both teams still have a legit chance to win the west.