The Mariners

thewhyteboar

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

So what’s the over/under on Cash still having a job this time tomorrow?

I feel like you have to fire him. Who in the clubhouse is ever going to want to play for the guy after that kind of judgement.

And AJ Hinch and Alex Cora are ON THE MARKET!!!!

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I feel like you have to fire him. Who in the clubhouse is ever going to want to play for the guy after that kind of judgement.

And AJ Hinch and Alex Cora are ON THE MARKET!!!!

Yeah, I can’t imagine ever respecting the guy as much as I did after tonight. And if I’m Snell I’m telling the front office to fire him or trade me. 

Cash said after the Los Angeles Dodgers wrapped up their seventh World Series title with a 3-1 win. "But you know, I feel like the thought process was right. ... If we had to do it over again, I would have the utmost confidence in Nick Anderson to get through that inning."

lol die on that hill bud.  Rays have to keep him because he is being a good robot defending the decision and ultimately analytics that told him before the game to not let Snell see the lineup a third time even if he is dealing and had 9 Ks.

I will say analytics have made sports interesting again because you are seeing the dumbest moves done by coaches because of spreadsheets. 

I am happy it is over. I can stop losing money on baseball. 

Congrats @Dodger and @rc0101

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Cash said after the Los Angeles Dodgers wrapped up their seventh World Series title with a 3-1 win. "But you know, I feel like the thought process was right. ... If we had to do it over again, I would have the utmost confidence in Nick Anderson to get through that inning."

lol die on that hill bud.  Rays have to keep him because he is being a good robot defending the decision and ultimately analytics that told him before the game to not let Snell see the lineup a third time even if he is dealing and had 9 Ks.

I will say analytics have made sports interesting again because you are seeing the dumbest moves done by coaches because of spreadsheets. 

I am happy it is over. I can stop losing money on baseball. 

Congrats @Dodger and @rc0101

You the real MVP

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Ah, yes, Cody Bellinger, arbiter of baseball decisions. I formally withdraw my argument.

He might not be the arbiter of baseball decisions but he is one of the guys that actually faces the pitchers. Mookie said that he was surprised by it too. Those guys face the guy the decision is made on so I think they have some input. 

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

He might not be the arbiter of baseball decisions but he is one of the guys that actually faces the pitchers. Mookie said that he was surprised by it too. Those guys face the guy the decision is made on so I think they have some input. 

Players always want to stay in the game. You don't look to them for advice on this stuff.

Anyway, what's with these youngins calling sabermetrics analytics? I don't like it.

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

Players always want to stay in the game. You don't look to them for advice on this stuff.

Anyway, what's with these youngins calling sabermetrics analytics? I don't like it.

Umm, we're not quoting Snell here. The opponents felt like they got a huge lift when Snell was removed because he was pretty much unhittable and doing it rather economically. It doesn't take much to figure that out, but you keep dying on that hill that the decision was correct.

Also, Cash must have forgot to retrain his model for newer data, because Anderson was trash recently.

36 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Umm, we're not quoting Snell here. The opponents felt like they got a huge lift when Snell was removed because he was pretty much unhittable and doing it rather economically. It doesn't take much to figure that out, but you keep dying on that hill that the decision was correct.

Also, Cash must have forgot to retrain his model for newer data, because Anderson was trash recently.

I'm not dying on any hill. I think it was the right move. Others may disagree. You could make a strong case with analytics that he should have stayed in, actually. Your (and others) criticism of the move is about attacking analytics and that's just irrational.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm not dying on any hill. I think it was the right move. Others may disagree. You could make a strong case with analytics that he should have stayed in, actually. Your (and others) criticism of the move is about attacking analytics and that's just irrational.

kings movie shut up GIF by The Orchard Films