The Mariners

thewhyteboar

This Dodgers team is too good, which is why I had a feeling they'd at least tie the NLCS even when others were ready to fire the best executive in the sport.

However, now I think you guys are not giving the Rays enough credit. I still wouldn't put money on them to win the series, but I think they at least make things interesting.

23 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The Rays now own the record for most punch outs in playoff history, and they still have two more games to lose.

Because....Tampa Is Not Good

How is that relevant? They've played more games than any other team in the playoffs. LA is 2nd in this statistic, does that mean they also are not good?

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

How is that relevant? They've played more games than any other team in the playoffs. LA is 2nd in this statistic, does that mean they also are not good?

They haven’t played more games than any team, there are 14 others that have played as many games as the Rays have...and the Rays struck out more than any of them. 

Because Tampa Is Not Good.

Starting with Game 4 of the Division Series and ending in Game 2 of this Series, Rays hitters ran off 10 straight games with more strikeouts than hits. Yep. That would be a record.

• Over that same span, the Rays punched out at least nine times in 10 games in a row. That, too, is a record — at least within a single postseason.

• Friday was also the 12th time in this postseason that they struck out 10 times or more. That’s one more for the record book.

• And according to Doug (Kernels) Kern, they’ve now had 13 different hitters strike out at least three times in a game this postseason. Want to guess how many teams have done that in any other postseason? Right. No team has done that.

51 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They haven’t played more games than any team, there are 14 others that have played as many games as the Rays have...and the Rays struck out more than any of them. 

Because Tampa Is Not Good.

I'm talking about in this postseason. Number 3 on the all-time list is the 2013 WS winner Boston Red Sox. Would anyone argue they were a bad team? Of course not. Because no one uses this metric to judge the quality of a baseball team. Also, strikeouts are on the rise in baseball. You know this. The 2018 Dodgers had 173 SO's in 17 games. Were they also a bad team?

Plus why are you judging the Rays based off a 17 game sample when earlier you dismissed a 60 game sample as irrelevant? 

BRUH

I didn’t dismiss a 60 game sample, the point there was comparing like things to like things. A 162 game season’s results vs a 60 game season’s results. Tampa’s 17 games played in the post season is quite typical for teams that make it to the WS, so it is very easy to compare their performance as a WS appearing team to others.

And they don’t compare favorably.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I didn’t dismiss a 60 game sample, the point there was comparing like things to like things. A 162 game season’s results vs a 60 game season’s results. Tampa’s 17 games played in the post season is quite typical for teams that make it to the WS, so it is very easy to compare their performance as a WS appearing team to others.

And they don’t compare favorably.

A 60 game sample is always better than a 17 game sample. Just because it lines up better than previous postseasons means nothing. The playoffs is a crapshoot.

Again, these Rays are very good. I wouldn't say excellent, but very good. You're dismissing them using one statistic in a 17 game sample. Come on. :p

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Damn I didn't know Harden somehow hacked @sblfilms account. :o

I’ve been him and he’s been me this whole time.

Though MEGA LULZ at the unintentional comparison of the Warriors at their height to these Rays 😂

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Waiting for @sblfilms to say how good the rays aren't and how he said the doyers SHOULD have a gentleman's sweep not WOULD get them and say that Dodgers should get a rogue's sweep now.

Dodgers should have won if Roberts wasn’t throwing games for the mafia every year.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

That was just a fun baseball game. I'm honestly looking forward to tomorrow and I can't remember saying that about a WS game my favorite team wasn't involved in.

Yeah, as a person with no personal investment in the outcome that was highly entertaining.

My wife is supremely please that the Dodgers lost. Woman hates’em.