The Mariners

thewhyteboar

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You sound like the dumb old guys who don’t understand math and are mad that smart people have overtaken them in baseball :p 

The only reason Cole isn’t a “better reliever” is because Cole is way better than that guy and starts. Fuck yo stats lmao it’s game 7 of the fuckin World Series and Cole IS THE BEST PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE. The first time Bochy brought Bumgarner in for relief I’m sure upset fans would be crying if he shit the bed with their “BUT OUR RELIEVER IS SO GOOD WHY WOULD HE DO THAT” takes. Live and die by your best pitcher. 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

The only reason Cole isn’t a “better reliever” is because Cole is way better than that guy and starts. Fuck yo stats lmao it’s game 7 of the fuckin World Series and Cole IS THE BEST PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE. The first time Bochy brought Bumgarner in for relief I’m sure upset fans would be crying if he shit the bed with their “BUT OUR RELIEVER IS SO GOOD WHY WOULD HE DO THAT” takes. Live and die by your best pitcher. 

Look up stats on starting pitchers in relief appearances and then get back to me :) 

Just now, sblfilms said:

Look up stats on starting pitchers in relief appearances and then get back to me :) 

Game 7. Forget everything you know. All that matters is the win and Hinch let Cole sit on the bench all game. 

Meanwhile starter Patrick Corbin comes on in relief and shuts astros down.

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

Game 7. Forget everything you know. All that matters is the win and Hinch let Cole sit on the bench all game. 

Meanwhile starter Patrick Corbin comes on in relief and shuts astros down.

Corbin has pitched in relief on many occasions, including in this post season. The Nats don’t have relievers that have performed all year, so they have had to be more creative. 

Anyway, PUBG time. Goodnight!

Astros should have brought Cole in as we saw how well it worked out for the Dodgers and Kershaw. 

Verlander is 0-6 with a 5.68 ERA in seven career starts in the World Series. Hard to win when your best pitcher in the regular season becomes average in the big games. 

7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Will the Astros have to vacate their World Series win?

No chance. Major fines, suspensions, draft pick losses, probably all on the table if the use of live video feeds is confirmed.

One of the things I’ve found interesting in all this is that the Astros were better on the road than at home in 2017 in record and runs scored, so supposedly piping in the live camera feed didn’t seem to help much :p 

26 minutes ago, johnny said:

Congrats to your 2017 World Series champions the Los Angeles dodgers and World Series champion Clayton kershaw 

Dodgers weren’t better than the Astros or Yankees that year, so I’d give the mythical title to NY even though I hate that franchise :lol: