The Mariners

thewhyteboar

If you think Kimbrel is your best option, you bring him in to potentially face Bregman/Springer/Altuve for their last ABs of the game. Worry about the back half of the order later.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Isn't Verlander starting tomorrow against Price? I'm willing to write that game off, if they lose tomorrow, they just need to win once back at Fenway. I like the odds.

Astros are a great road team, but taking two in Boston against this Red Sox team is a tall task to say the least.

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The 2 run HR taken away by a shitty call would have made it tied going into the 9th but “get over it” and “karma” cuz Red Sox ?

You're being pretty lame. How about you shit on sblfilms since he's back to rooting for his team after saying he was done with them after they traded for the domestic abuser to help them win another title?

Controversial calls are part of baseball. I'd have probably been upset if the tables were turned on that play, but those are the breaks sometimes. Every team has been on the losing end of a controversial call. There are plenty of ways the Astros could be 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now, not just one tough call. 

16 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're being pretty lame. How about you shit on sblfilms since he's back to rooting for his team after saying he was done with them after they traded for the domestic abuser to help them win another title?

Controversial calls are part of baseball. I'd have probably been upset if the tables were turned on that play, but those are the breaks sometimes. Every team has been on the losing end of a controversial call. There are plenty of ways the Astros could be 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now, not just one tough call. 

I already told you what I meant. I typically go to 4-8 games a month with my family, because I actually root for the team where I live instead of picking a bandwagon to jump on. I haven’t bought tickets to a game since they traded for Osuna. I haven’t bought any of their gear like I normally would.

In case you didnt know, watching or listening to the games doesn’t magically put money in the pockets of the organization.

You are such a disingenuous poster, and you can’t take anybody giving you gruff. Toughen up.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I already told you what I meant. I typically go to 4-8 games a month with my family, because I actually root for the team where I live instead of picking a bandwagon to jump on. I haven’t bought tickets to a game since they traded for Osuna. I haven’t bought any of their gear like I normally would.

In case you didnt know, watching or listening to the games doesn’t magically put money in the pockets of the organization.

You are such a disingenuous poster, and you can’t take anybody giving you gruff. Toughen up.

I'm fine, but Keyser's act has long since worn thin. 

Your support for them still feels a little cheap, but that's my opinion. I'd probably have a harder time sticking with the Sox if they'd gone that route. I only said what I did because I'm kinda tired of Keyser following me in so many threads across the board, trolling me like I'm the only one he has eyes for. Let him go after someone else for a change. 98% of the time, I ignore him, but I'd had enough in this thread. It's not even like he has any stake in the series, since his team didn't even finish above 500. 

And I'm not a bandwagon fan. You haven't known me long, but I've been a Boston fan since I was a young kid, long before they were worth a damn. I lived and died with them through the sucky years before 2004. It's probably my favorite city in the country. Living where I do, it's not like I have any professional teams to root for. 

I get so tired of that bandwagon fan shit from people who don't even know me. 

I don't know where you get off calling me disingenuous. I've hardly ever had a disagreement with you and I thought we had a mutual respect. Seems outta nowhere, so maybe I'm not the one who needs to toughen up?

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't know where you get off calling me disingenuous. I've hardly ever had a disagreement with you and I thought we had a mutual respect. Seems outta nowhere, so maybe I'm not the one who needs to toughen up?

1. Look up the definition of the word.

2. Look back at my response when you questioned this earlier in the thread.

3. Your post here is a textbook example of being disingenuous.

And further evidence of what I meant.

Me tweeting at the Astros when they announced the Osuna acquisition.

I accept your apology.

If you're going to be petty like that, I don't feel a need to apologize. I told a troll to back off me and give someone else some shit for a change. I don't agree 100% with your stance, but it's yours to have.

You attacked me with untrue claims, so, yeah, that pisses me off a little. And yet you expect me to be the one to apologize? I'm sorry for the fact I got angry. It's really not worth it. I should have continued to ignore Keyser like I almost always do. 

Every bit of what I've said here is sincere, therefore, I'm not being disingenuous. I know where I stand. 

Like I said, I always genuinely liked you. I told Kab, who is a good friend of mine, he was being shitty when he attacked you a while back before he left the board. 

I don't agree with you here. I understand it to a point, but I don't agree. 

I guess we were both petty in our own ways. I'm gonna let this one go, because it's really not worth being angry about and you're still a pretty good poster, despite this little spat. 

On 9/8/2018 at 11:28 PM, sblfilms said:

I don't go to the games anymore :/. They got none of my monies. But the team still my team and I cheer for them to win, not their fault Jim Crane has no ethics!

This was directly in response to your questioning me about my previous post. I clarified and you are STILL arguing something I never meant.

That is what it means to be disingenuous, as you pretend you don’t know what I meant even after clarifying it directly to you.

That is no sign of alleged mutual respect. Good night.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This was directly in response to your questioning me about my previous post. I clarified and you are STILL arguing something I never meant.

That is what it means to be disingenuous, as you pretend you don’t know what I meant even after clarifying it directly to you.

That is no sign of alleged mutual respect. Good night.

What are you talking about? I never disputed your terms for continuing to support them in the way you are. I only said that I didn't totally agree with it and if it were me, I'd have trouble rooting for my team if that were the situation. It's not just about spending your money there, I'd just have a hard time pulling for them in general. I'd probably actively root for them to lose, lol. I mean, I literally said that less than an hour ago:

37 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Your support for them still feels a little cheap, but that's my opinion. I'd probably have a harder time sticking with the Sox if they'd gone that route. 

Let me make it crystal clear: I understood your terms back when you clarified them weeks ago. That was never, ever, not once in dispute since you made that post. I don't really understand why you're still going after me with that, but I hope this makes it very clear. If that's what this is about, then I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I never misunderstood or tried to misrepresent your stance. I disagree with it to a point, that is all. Sucks we got into this, but I hope we can move on. I don't know what else to tell you at this point. What a bummer. :/