The Mariners

thewhyteboar

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Tough call, but the right one. That ball was headed right for Mookie's glove until the fan closed it.

Looked to me like the contact happened outside of the field of play, which is not interference even if Betts would have made the catch.

Oh well.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Without Betts' athleticism, we wouldn't even been having this discussion. 

Wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call. Them's  the breaks.

They did overturn the call though...it was initially just fan interference, then they said it was fan interference AND that Betts would have caught it hence Altuve our and Springer back to first.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

They did overturn the call though...it was initially just fan interference, then they said it was fan interference AND that Betts would have caught it hence Altuve our and Springer back to first.

What I meant was, there wasn't enough evidence to show where everyone was. The best chance to determine that was blocked by a security guard. 

Like I said, them's the breaks sometimes. And when you're an outstanding outfielder like Mookie, that's how things can go.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Morton is showing that 17 days of rust buildup. 

More like 6 weeks. He only got a 3 inning tune up game at the very end of the season after an off and on final month of the season.

So I guess the radio guys were wrong (I was listening in the first inning before I got home), West did indeed call the out at the time of play on the Betts/Altuve call.

Correa is still lacking power, but he’s controlling where he wants the ball to go. Good sign for the Astros that Gutriel and Correa both got solid hits in this inning.